Top 10 Biggest Hubs In US?

Solidarity413

Aw, clearly the 4329 hub beats the 4369 hub! I'm just bitter at being compared to Toledo on a daily basis. Does that happen there too? I hear the Toledo hub is a great hub one of my good friends transferred from there and she says Columbus doesn't even compare.

blue efficacy

I can see why Toledo would be in the list. Our hub builds two loads for them.

Toledo Twilight- the big boy. All of OH, ground, 3 day and 2day. Has its own belt.

Toledo Night- for some odd reason we send all the michigan that doesn't go to Grand Rapids or the upper peninsula stuff (i want to say that goes to Escanaba) here.

Why does Toledo's night sort process Michigan volume? Wouldn't it make more sense to send that stuff to Livonia or somewhere else actually in MI?

tieguy

Banned
"2006 - 2007:

UPS Chelmsford Hub Tour - This tour provided club members with a unique opportunity to view UPS's Northern New England hub serving Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Northern Massachusetts. The hub is one of UPS's 10 largest facilities by volume in its US network."

source: http://web.mit.edu/sloanops/SubPages/PlantTours.html

If Chema is still in the top ten then they have to be doing a lot more then the 300 k a day mentioned in a previous post. All of the hubs I have listed have done that much volume on one sort (during peak with some)and they run at least three sorts.

I probably should have included cologne west germanys hub too. they have a capacity of approximately 110,000 packages an hour.

actual volume numbers may be difficult to get due to the obvious reasons.

drewed

Shankman
Cologne is pretty big, and so is the new hub in shangai I forget what the actual numbers they were supposed to run and miami does a lot of the intl volume going to south america so they maybe on there as well/.

I remember reading an article on UPSERS a couple years back about the JAX hub hitting a milestone by processing over 1 million pieces in a 24 hour span (4 sorts) on a few occasions during peaks.

The CACH is running just under 2 million pieces a day even now,knock on wood.

ToledoTwi

Aw, clearly the 4329 hub beats the 4369 hub! I'm just bitter at being compared to Toledo on a daily basis. Does that happen there too? I hear the Toledo hub is a great hub one of my good friends transferred from there and she says Columbus doesn't even compare.

yeah...usually everyone is looking up to toledo on the day to day operations(pph, misloads, mistoggles, cost plan etc etc)....our bar(and one of the few weaknesses we have) for PPT has been set so high its very hard to achieve cause it is off an average of the previous year which was very high. That is why we were not #1 in 04 and 08 :angry-very2:

InTheRed

4369? I wouldn't be surprised if Obetz beat Toledo...

55andout?

I believe that Palatine is still the largest package division in the country. Only about 130k on the twilight but the pre-load is still the largest.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
If there is a hub more impressive than the Louisville hub I would be amazed. I watched a program on National Geographic Channel called "Ultimate Factories" and they showcased the Louisville hub. Very impressive.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
If there is a hub more impressive than the Louisville hub I would be amazed. I watched a program on National Geographic Channel called "Ultimate Factories" and they showcased the Louisville hub. Very impressive.
funny, I record all of the episodes from Ultimate Factories and that episode was pretty impressive!!

Come on CHEMA.......... I'm from there tooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!:foamfinger::fan::goteam:

ToledoTwi

Columbus is way bigger then Obetz. Obetz is tiny. And Toledo beats Columbus. Although I think we outranked Toledo in service last year. Maybe I'm wrong though.

If you are speaking of Columbus outranking Toledo in service, you are misinformed. Toledo is usually in top 3 if not 1 every year on service, misloads are usually over 1/5,000 easily each year.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If Chema is still in the top ten then they have to be doing a lot more then the 300 k a day mentioned in a previous post. All of the hubs I have listed have done that much volume on one sort (during peak with some)and they run at least three sorts.

I probably should have included cologne west germanys hub too. they have a capacity of approximately 110,000 packages an hour.

actual volume numbers may be difficult to get due to the obvious reasons.

our twilight sort this past peak did around 260k max, and this was a fairly paltry peak as you know. Not arguing, just saying. I think we did 500k that day easy. Anyway enough about N.E :)

drewed

Shankman
Shanghai was built where it could easily be renovated and sorting capacity would increase, I dont think the 17k was the final number I think they were still brining things online when that number was released.....

The next big building to be opened will be the South Asia Hub in Guangzhou, it will sort packages for all of southeast asia, the former south asia hub was at Clark in the Phillippines.

InTheRed

Columbus is way bigger then Obetz. Obetz is tiny. And Toledo beats Columbus. Although I think we outranked Toledo in service last year. Maybe I'm wrong though.

All these years I thought the Obetz Hub was a monster hub. The hubs in jersey create loads for Obetz Twi and you basically put all Ohio and Kentucky into it. It was always a monster to load.

tieguy

Banned
yeah...usually everyone is looking up to toledo on the day to day operations(pph, misloads, mistoggles, cost plan etc etc)....our bar(and one of the few weaknesses we have) for PPT has been set so high its very hard to achieve cause it is off an average of the previous year which was very high. That is why we were not #1 in 04 and 08 :angry-very2:

is toledo fully automated?