Top pay for drivers

ga_brown1987

Just wondered how different this was for every one across the country. What is top pay per hour now in your area? I don't understand how this can be so different, we all do the same job.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just wondered how different this was for every one across the country. What is top pay per hour now in your area? I don't understand how this can be so different, we all do the same job.
I don't know of anywhere that is more than a dollar or so different and those places has raises differed to pension funds.

PT Car Washer

PT Car Wash rate $32.10/hr. PT Air Driver rate $26.14. PT Air Driver delivering or picking up ground $33.69/hr. Total for 37.14/hr $1,215.47 gross. Take home $552.26. Just a poor dumb part timer.

O

OLDMAN3

PT Car Wash rate $32.10/hr. PT Air Driver rate $26.14. PT Air Driver delivering or picking up ground $33.69/hr. Total for 37.14/hr $1,215.47 gross. Take home $552.26. Just a poor dumb part timer.
Just wondering, do part timers still get time an 1/2 after 5 hours of work? I would have stayed part time 25+ years ago if they had not cut out all double shifting.

JL 0513

A dollar is valued differently all across the country. There should be different rates, perhaps even greater differences than there are.

If a driver in Kentucky makes the same dollar figure as a driver in Manhattan NY, then each driver actually makes significantly different amounts. This should be very simple to understand. Manhattan living costs DOUBLE the US average. Median home is $500K. So a driver making $33/hr there is just going to get by OK, while the Kentucky driver making that will be living in the upper end of society. If it was actually scaled to real living costs, you'd see more than a $10/hr swing, but you don't