Top pay for drivers

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was being facetious.

You can choose to live wherever you want. $33/hr where I live is easily in the top 10%. $33/hr may be barely a living wage in Manhattan.

Does your employer have an obligation to pay you based upon where you live?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was being facetious.

You can choose to live wherever you want. $33/hr where I live is easily in the top 10%. $33/hr may be barely a living wage in Manhattan.

How does the cost of living by you compare to LI, Dave? Just curious....a good portion of Manahattan employees commute...from Long Island, Westchester, and NJ....I'd be curious to know the percentage.

JL 0513

I was being facetious.

Choose where you want to live? If you have a job with UPS, you're essentially stuck where you are for life. If you were to transfer, you start all over at the bottom. Plus, you need to live in the vicinity of where you drive. You can't live much more than an hour away. Most companies adjust pay based on their location. Fact is, people in California make more than people away from the coasts, even for the same work. When you work for a company, why wouldn't you be paid based on the location of the company? You can't take a flight to work each day.

Do UPS drivers in poor countries, such as Mexico, make $33/hr? The average worker in Mexico makes like $20 a day. Non skilled is closer to $10/day. Do you still say pay shouldn't be adjusted based on location?

Last edited:

959Nanook

I was being facetious.

They do if they want to be competitive in the local labor market. It isn't an obligation to the employees, it is an obligation to stock holders.