Touch screen

9.5er

Any one else hate the touch screen on the diad? I constantly prerecord stops while trying to handle packages and hold the diad at the same time. Wearing gloves makes it even worse.

OR while trying to DR a package I hit the DR option and it doesn't take so I hit it again only to realize it had a slight delay and now I have hit the SDN option and have to type something in so I can cancel it out.

iruhnman630

Any one else hate the touch screen on the diad? I constantly prerecord stops while trying to handle packages and hold the diad at the same time. ..
That's real fun when it causes a late air, or when you go to punch out and discover packages in prerecord. Been there, done both.

....OR while trying to DR a package I hit the DR option and it doesn't take so I hit it again only to realize it had a slight delay and now I have hit the SDN option and have to type something in so I can cancel it out.
Hit SDN again and it will ask if you want to cancel.

I am becoming quite proficient at using the function button instead of the touchscreen with the heavy gloves on. Fn+5+6=DR Porch.

JL 0513

I use the touchscreen most of the time, even with gloves (rubber works fine). However, there are those times that the wrong key is hit and it is a pain. I too end up hitting the SDN key - they need to change it so it doesn't take the same space as the deliver key. Thanks iruhnman630 for the tip, didn't know that. I too have been typing a couple of random letters to get out of it.

9.5er

Atleast we don't have to toggle back and forth for numbers.

I had one stop today that had 18 packages. They were pretty big but not heavy. I prerecorded twice and somehow deleted one package. Had to go back inside the customers building to find the one I was missing.

iruhnman630

Since were complaining about annoying diad quircks....

What about the stylus-on-a-leash that flies out 4 out of 5 times you pull the diad out of your pouch? 10 hours of that little nuisance will get on anybodies nerves.

iruhnman630

I had one stop today that had 18 packages. They were pretty big but not heavy. I prerecorded twice and somehow deleted one package. Had to go back inside the customers building to find the one I was missing.
I was just about to ask you were working on a saturday, then I remembered it is Friday, my option day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Any one else hate the touch screen on the diad? I constantly prerecord stops while trying to handle packages and hold the diad at the same time. Wearing gloves makes it even worse.

OR while trying to DR a package I hit the DR option and it doesn't take so I hit it again only to realize it had a slight delay and now I have hit the SDN option and have to type something in so I can cancel it out.
Putting the most used functions in the corners makes me think whoever designed it has never used anything touch screen before.

Brownslave688

How does this happen?

Packmule

What about the stylus-on-a-leash that flies out 4 out of 5 times you pull the diad out of your pouch? 10 hours of that little nuisance will get on anybodies nerves.
It's worn out. Ask for a new stylus. They should have them on hand and that should fix that.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

That only happens once or twice a day for me--not a biggie. For me it was the stupid strap on the back coming unclipped from the back of the diad every time I pulled it out of the holster. I finally just cut the damn thing off the back.

Brownslave688

That only happens once or twice a day for me--not a biggie. For me it was the stupid strap on the back coming unclipped from the back of the diad every time I pulled it out of the holster. I finally just cut the damn thing off the back.
All u guys and your pouches and holsters. My back pocket works great. Or if it's cold out my vest pocket.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
All u guys and your pouches and holsters. My back pocket works great. Or if it's cold out my vest pocket.
I don't use the holder in the truck except for lunch. I keep the diad in the pouch all day, even when driving. Just makes my life easier saving a step. Also when you are on an industrial stop and scanning 60 boxes as you dig them out it gives you an easy quick place to put the diad instead of trying to remember where you set it down.

9.5er

The pouch always gets in the way of the seatbelt buckle so I stopped using it and stick the diad in my back pocket also.
My sup. gave me some grief once when he saw my diad was in the holder while I was on lunch break. Told me it was supposed to be with me at all times. I said lunch was MY time and the diad was not going in with me. Now I put it in back of truck.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The pouch always gets in the way of the seatbelt buckle so I stopped using it and stick the diad in my back pocket also.
My sup. gave me some grief once when he saw my diad was in the holder while I was on lunch break. Told me it was supposed to be with me at all times. I said lunch was MY time and the diad was not going in with me. Now I put it in back of truck.
On your lunch you could park your truck in a grocery store parking lot, strip out of your browns and sit in a lounge chair wearing nothing but a speedo (although I don't recommend it in January) and they can't say jack about diads or anything else.