Trollolol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ups hero

They are always quick to doubt someone that they are not going to make it past two weeks. If you made it, why the hell can't I make it? There is nothing hard about loading/unloading trucks based on my prior experience doing this. I can't speak for everybody, but I know that it's nothing something that would be difficult for me. I'm not pin pointing any fingers at anyone specifically. I'm just questioning something I always hear from UPS employees. And one more thing, why are the security guards at UPS so gosh darn miserable and impatience? Anyone that gets offended by this, get a grip! I'm speaking my mind!
Most of us are basing this on our previous experiences over the past decade. For some a few decades of somebody coming in ups being cocky about how they will do this and do that. Those are the prime examples of people that won't make it past the first 2 weeks. All of us see new hires like this day in day out. Unloading/loading doesn't sound hard, however at ups it is a whole different story. Just a tip, do what the boss says, and work safe. Don't listen to the unreachable numbers they will want you to meet.

J

jibbs

Re: Why do a lot of UPS workers think they are the best of the bests?

Just got the one guard I'm familiar with on preload, great ****in' guy. I got him in trouble once for sneaking my phone into the building, since then we've been pretty cool. I took the hit, told LP that he wanded me but the stick never goes off for my cell phone. Reenacted the wand not working on my phone and somehow both of us got off scott-free. I was told I'd be getting a warning letter in the mail but this was back in August and still no word....

But yeah, Kapa, I think you're confusing confidence with egoism here. I don't get the impression that a majority of UPSers think they're the best of the best, they just believe that they're good at what they do. You've got a few folks with the company that think their **** comes out scent-free but those people do not seem to be commonplace amongst the hourlies (in my experience)

Could be the guards that have to work overnight are grumpy. I know I would be. You are right the job is not rocket science. It is either hot or cold and always dirty. Anybody could do the job, but who wants to for the pay you will receive.

How come no white person came for the interview as a package handler?

When I had my tour, I saw no white person applying. And it's even in Manhattan by the way, which is full of white people. I also went to one in Long Island too, which is full of white people, and no white person showed up for the interview. Why is that? The funny thing about it is: The workers that I saw coming out of the elevators (office job) are mostly white 9 out of 10 times. Is UPS racist? All I saw was a bunch of black guys and some black females at the interview (100%).

Buck Fifty

They are always quick to doubt someone that they are not going to make it past two weeks. If you made it, why the hell can't I make it? There is nothing hard about loading/unloading trucks based on my prior experience doing this. I can't speak for everybody, but I know that it's nothing something that would be difficult for me. I'm not pin pointing any fingers at anyone specifically. I'm just questioning something I always hear from UPS employees. And one more thing, why are the security guards at UPS so gosh darn miserable and impatience? Anyone that gets offended by this, get a grip! I'm speaking my mind!

Hang in and make book and you will know why.

Quick answer: because we are !

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Re: How come no white person came for the interview as a package handler?

Of course their racist. They sponsor NASCAR.

S

serenity now

don't you mean WHITE PERSON?

All of the managers there are white, and all the loaders and unloaders are black.

ups hero

How come no white person came for the interview as a package handler?

Why?? Why do you have to bring up racial issues all the time? Ups is not racist. You seem to have a lot of issues with ups and its personnel , yet haven't worked a day yet.

J

jibbs

Yeah... Company that calls itself "Brown" is racist. Yep. Hit the nail on the head right there.

Why?? Why do you have to bring up racial issues all the time? Ups is not racist. You seem to have a lot of issues with ups and its personnel , yet haven't worked a day yet.

The more he posts the less legitimate and more troll-like he seems. Fortunately, when I smell a troll all I can think of is "FEEEEEED ME, SEYMOUR"

tumblr_lxgp1vQCYK1qea9v5o1_500.jpg

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

I am an American.
Next time I pass a mirror, by chance, I will notice the color of my skin.

Because I'm not a naive sheep. Just because they say they are open minded and promote diversity and equal oppurtunities for all doesn't make it true.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

So, let's get this clear.

Your VERY first post you play the race card for NO apparent reason. Then you proceed to say that you're better than everybody else, and now you're ONCE again bringing race somewhere it has absolutely no place being. UPS hates white people. You are the best at EVERYTHING and we should all look up to and follow your example.

Loser

I am an American.
Next time I pass a mirror, by chance, I will notice the color of my skin.

You know that this site is so ironic, it seems like the people with the highest reps act the most childish and arrogant. Not calling any names, just saying.

Buck Fifty

Re: Do you like your job? Do you plan on working there for he next two yrs?

Unloadings not too bad. Nice quiet and dark with no thinking involved or listening to coworkers complaints. Sort aisle is easier and dollar more with option for more hours. Anymore the only time I do either is on Sat. morning air. After 35 years yeah I hope to go another two years. $30.00 an hour and seven weeks vacation and benefits where would I go?

To the bank !

J

jibbs

Because I'm not a naive sheep. Just because they say they are open minded and promote diversity and equal oppurtunities for all doesn't make it true.

For you to be eligible for most of the worthwhile opportunities, you have to be an employee with seniority. If you're not eligible for these opportunities and, as such, have never been approached by management or broached the subject with them yourself, then of course you're going to think it's BS. That's along the same lines of a person not believing Australia's real because they've never laid their own eyes on the continent.

Open your eyes and see, Kapa. The naivete you claim to lack but showcase in such grandiose terms on this forum is embarrassing for me to witness in a potential fellow UPSer. Opinions of the sort you're insinuating at here are only good for causing conflict-- in no way, shape or form can I see anything truly constructive coming from this thread's existence.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

Can we seriously PLEASE ban this piece of trash already?

Status
Not open for further replies.