Trollolol

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPSGUY72

Re: Apology to the people who I might have offended.

I don't take what anyone says personal however any knowledge passed on is appreciated. I also speak the honest truth as I see things if that offends some people that there problem not mine. The really world isn't so forgiven as the social promoting political correct schools these days....

Do you like your job? Do you plan on working there for he next two yrs?

And what position you're doing? I'm doing the loading/unloading. I start training next week. Can't wait. I'm going to give those sorters hell lol. I'm very hard working and dedicated when it comes to something I love doing.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Re: Do you like your job? Do you plan on working there for he next two yrs?

Does this include trolling?

can_t-tell-if-trolling.jpg
can_t-tell-if-trolling.jpg

ups hero

Do you like your job? Do you plan on working there for he next two yrs?

Unloading sucks!! That's where they put new hires , trolls, or people who can't count past 5. Take the sort test. It's easier on the body and you'll get a dollar raise if you can pass the test.

J

jibbs

Unloading sucks!!

But it's the best workout in the building. Sort aisle's pretty good for that too... after about 3 hours of sorting my little 5'5" self find my arms failing to lift anything over 40-50lbs onto the belts that are just over eye-level for me.

kapa, to answer your question somewhat indirectly, my plans for the next two years revolve around staying steadily employed. I'm not unhappy with UPS at the moment and don't see myself leaving the company for anything short of a full-time job offer coupled with wages that I'll be able to fully and independently sustain my quality of life with.

I'm not super loyal to UPS or anything. I feel like I owe the best work I can possibly do to the specific management members involved in my hiring process, but that's because I was in a tight spot and was and still am extremely grateful to find myself simply employed.

Two years preloading is a definite possibility in my immediate future, but that isn't "the plan" in my case. Hell, just this morning I got my name on a driving bid they put up in my center today. Put simply, it is what it is. If something better comes up, I'll take it; if not, you can catch me at my center every weekday between 3:45am-9:30am. :smart:

[EDIT: All that said, I'm still new here. Been on the payroll since August of last year so I haven't had much time to become very jaded. Truthfully? I prefer it that way, but things are always subject to change.]

Unloadings not too bad. Nice quiet and dark with no thinking involved or listening to coworkers complaints. Sort aisle is easier and dollar more with option for more hours. Anymore the only time I do either is on Sat. morning air. After 35 years yeah I hope to go another two years. $30.00 an hour and seven weeks vacation and benefits where would I go?

ibleedbrown

Yup, right now I'm a part time sorter, scheduled to go to driving school at the end of this month. Hopefully 2 years from now I will be driving, learned a bunch of routes, maintaining a positive attitude, working smart and safe and making $$$$!!!

over9five

Staff member

Love my job! They'll have to pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel....

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

i love being an OMS, in the evening at least, the other shifts kinda suck

I love my job, but really dislike the company. My supervisors all leave me to my lonesome, they actually treat me like an adult. I clerk for my first 5 hours, do fuel drops, and gather paper work. The issue I do have is the fact that a lot of people are not treated well within the company, and that goes for how mgmt is treated as well as hourly union members.

I do hope to make it to 55, or another 21 years, but who knows with how this company is running itself.

Johney

And what position you're doing? I'm doing the loading/unloading. I start training next week. Can't wait. I'm going to give those sorters hell lol. I'm very hard working and dedicated when it comes to something I love doing.
Keep this in mind newbie. The more work you do the more they will give you. This is a never ending cycle and you can NEVER go back to the beginning.....ever! I suspect (as do others I'm sure) that we will see you back here in about a few months complaining about the work load. I'll admit I may be wrong but in my 25 years here I have seen many like you come and go.

Why do a lot of UPS workers think they are the best of the bests?

They are always quick to doubt someone that they are not going to make it past two weeks. If you made it, why the hell can't I make it? There is nothing hard about loading/unloading trucks based on my prior experience doing this. I can't speak for everybody, but I know that it's nothing something that would be difficult for me. I'm not pin pointing any fingers at anyone specifically. I'm just questioning something I always hear from UPS employees. And one more thing, why are the security guards at UPS so gosh darn miserable and impatience? Anyone that gets offended by this, get a grip! I'm speaking my mind!

oldngray

nowhere special
Re: Why do a lot of UPS workers think they are the best of the bests?

You probably are better. You should go into management. You sound perfect to become a part-time supervisor.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

They are [-]always[/-] quick to judge [-]doubt someone[/-] new employees. They believe the new talent will last two weeks and this is generous. [-]they are not going to make it past two weeks.[/-]
We are not workers, we are employees, teamsters and hourly non-union and management. Someone else take it from here...please. If you made it, why the hell can't I make it? There is nothing hard about loading/unloading trucks based on my prior experience doing this. I can't speak for everybody, but I know that it's nothing something that would be difficult for me. I'm not pin pointing any fingers at anyone specifically. I'm just questioning something I always hear from UPS employees. And one more thing, why are the security guards at UPS so gosh darn miserable and impatience? Anyone that gets offended by this, get a grip! I'm speaking my mind!

Allow me to answer the Security question...if you want respect, you must show respect.

Returntosender

Thier is something about you that makes me wonder. If your Integrity's alter ego?

Status
Not open for further replies.