Trollolol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ups hero

How come no white person came for the interview as a package handler?

Yea, nothing constructive will be in this thread. This is just getting ridiculous. I'm done with his posts. Good luck Kappa, believe me your going to need it with an attitude like that at ups.

lateagain

How come no white person came for the interview as a package handler?

If UPS was racist, do you think all those white guys in suits would want to have to work with ethnic people. They don't care what color you are. Show up for work on time and work harder than you thought you could and keep your mouth shut, and they will treat you like they treat everyone else.

What car do you drive? If none, what car do you want?

I don't have a car or do I have my driver's license as of yet. I'm planning to buy a used Infiniti g35 coupe.

balland chain

Re: What car do you drive? If none, what car do you want?

I drive a piece of crap car that is parked in lot in a terrible part of town.. Here is ya drive something nice, it will get stolen or your car will be on cinder blocks with all four wheels gone when you get off work.... Personally I am waiting four years until I retire to get a nice car.... Kinda of a waste since I work all the time..

Re: What car do you drive? If none, what car do you want?

I drive a piece of crap car that is parked in lot in a terrible part of town.. Here is ya drive something nice, it will get stolen or your car will be on cinder blocks with all four wheels gone when you get off work.... Personally I am waiting four years until I retire to get a nice car.... Kinda of a waste since I work all the time..

Damn, where do you live? Somalia?

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Re: How come no white person came for the interview as a package handler?

When I had my tour, I saw no white person applying. And it's even in Manhattan by the way, which is full of white people. I also went to one in Long Island too, which is full of white people, and no white person showed up for the interview. Why is that? The funny thing about it is: The workers that I saw coming out of the elevators (office job) are mostly white 9 out of 10 times. Is UPS racist? All I saw was a bunch of black guys and some black females at the interview (100%).

UPS is not racist, they treat all people, white, black, asiain, male, female, straight or gay the same way............ LIKE DIRT.

oldngray

nowhere special

UPS only sees Green (dressed in Brown) when it looks at its employees

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

Because I'm not a naive sheep. Just because they say they are open minded and promote diversity and equal oppurtunities for all doesn't make it true.

You obviously have an issue with race since you repeatedly bring it up but it is true. I know you're young, but you need to learn to withhold judgement until you've gathered all the facts necessary to do so. In my facility, for example, there's 350 hourlies overseen by about 35 supervisors. More than 20 supervisors are black, which is a larger number than those that are hourly. If you're white and interested in PT supervision, my local HR management requires that you're enrolled in college -- but that requirement is waived if you're black. So yes, UPS not only is open minded and promotes diversity, it practices affirmative action. And the lack of black hourlies isn't a derivative of racism... more than half our new hires are black, but for whatever reason, they quit in larger numbers here. And that's despite the fact that they have more leniency in terms of attendance, misloads & production (packages loaded/sorted/unloaded/scanned per hour). Additionally, nearly half my district's upper-management & support staff is black - a number much higher than the local, regional & national population.

Status
Not open for further replies.