trump 2016

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
But what I am doing is pointing out the fact that McCain's status as a POW/Veteran was virtually a non item during his candidacy but now it is because, AND ONLY BECAUSE, it's a source for slinging mud on Trump. LOL! Hey I'm all for taking the guy down. That just means we have one less candidate to dilute the field and if that continues then maybe our nomination for Presidency won't be won with such a low percentage like when McCain won it. We might actually get a better candidate this time.
You act like liberals are making McCain's service an issue, when in fact it is Trump who has made it an issue with his blabbering. The guy is a gaff machine. At this point, I can only assume he is doing it for attention, no one could actually be that stupid.

Overpaid Union Thug

You act like liberals are making McCain's service an issue, when in fact it is Trump who has made it an issue with his blabbering. The guy is a gaff machine. At this point, I can only assume he is doing it for attention, no one could actually be that stupid.

I am not in any way saying liberals are making McCains service and issue. I'm clearly pointing out that their defense of his service was almost non existent during his run for Presidency. I seem to remember some jabs at him getting shot down but no firestorm afterward. But don't worry.....I'm sure Trump is basically out of the race after this one, which is the ONLY reason liberals, AND his republican competition, are going after him in the first place. But....if this doesn't get rid of him then I suspect nothing will.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I am not in any way saying liberals are making McCains service and issue. I'm clearly pointing out that their defense of his service was almost non existent during his run for Presidency. I seem to remember some jabs at him getting shot down but no firestorm afterward. But don't worry.....I'm sure Trump is basically out of the race after this one, which is the ONLY reason liberals, AND his republican competition, are going after him in the first place. But....if this doesn't get rid of him then I suspect nothing will.
I'm not really aware of liberals jabbing at him for getting shot down, but then again I don't follow the garbage on the extremists websites like the blaze and weasel zippers, or their liberal counterparts like mother jones and daily kos. The reason people are going after him is because he is supposedly a candidate for the republican ticket, and he is making stupid comments every time he speaks.
If liberals were smarter, they'd ignore him and let him gain support. He would self implode if he made it to a national debate with the democrat's nominee.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Trump is a maroon. Whatever McCain is politically, he was a POW, and served honorably. Trump's comment was an insult, despicable, and will further fragment the GOP base. To not realize this makes you almost as much of an idiot.
You're funny.

BTW, when did you serve?

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm not really aware of liberals jabbing at him for getting shot down, but then again I don't follow the garbage on the extremists websites like the blaze and weasel zippers, or their liberal counterparts like mother jones and daily kos. The reason people are going after him is because he is supposedly a candidate for the republican ticket, and he is making stupid comments every time he speaks.
If liberals were smarter, they'd ignore him and let him gain support. He would self implode if he made it to a national debate with the democrat's nominee.

The debates are a sham. It doesn't matter what a liberal candidate says or even if what they say is true. They just cling to inaccurate talking points and boisterous statements that incite an emotional response among the liberal voters and the not so informed "independents" and then ride them into the elections. Like when Obama claimed Romney had a bigger pension than him when, in fact, Romney didn't even have one.

I'll say one thing about Trump though. Or anyone else that says what he just said about McCain. I'll vote for them over a damn liberal any day of the week as long as their policies are sound and they will be willing to work with Congress instead of acting like an egoistical king and go around Congress like Obama is doing. I'll take a man that doesn't think McCain is a hero and respects The Constitution over a man that thinks he will be a hero by ignoring The Constitution and peddling the Robin Hood of Washington routine to the "unfortunate" while appeasing our enemies abroad.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The debates are a sham. It doesn't matter what a liberal candidate says or even if what they say is true. They just cling to inaccurate talking points and boisterous statements that incite an emotional response among the liberal voters and the not so informed "independents" and then ride them into the elections..
I completely agree. Except I would include both parties. But the fact remains they do shape the election outcome and Trump would be a disaster for the Republicans.

Overpaid Union Thug

I completely agree. Except I would include both parties. But the fact remains they do shape the election outcome and Trump would be a disaster for the Republicans.

I don't know man. Maybe the undecided voters need someone like trump. If he rides this out he could be that guy that says the wrong things once in a while (so far this is the first for me) but does the right things to help this country. I'm sick of people saying the right things but doing nothing to help this country. And then we have Obama that, when the teleprompter is off, often has such a tough time in interviews because he is having to be really lethargic and carefull with what he says. To me that is the type of person to worry about more.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Trumps comments about McCain resonate with a significant amount of primary voters or he wouldn't have made them. He might be crazy like a fox.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I'm rolling on the floor laughing watching all these liberals come to the defense of McCain now. As if they don't agree with what he said! LOL! Where were they in 2007/2008? LOL!
This leaning social liberal voted for McCain in the primary election. He lost my vote in the general election after choosing Palin as his running mate.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
This leaning social liberal voted for McCain in the primary election. He lost my vote in the general election after choosing Palin as his running mate.
He lost the election because he is a liberal.

A Rhino.

Didn't motivate his base enough.

Palin could only do so much in that department.

If you have to rely on your VP candidate to motivate your base, that's not a good omen.

10 point

Ahem...
You forgot the invisible V.P.? Joe "Gaff" Biden?
Oops.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
I'm rolling on the floor laughing watching all these liberals come to the defense of McCain now. As if they don't agree with what he said! LOL! Where were they in 2007/2008? LOL!
Let me get this straight....in 2000 Bush attacked McCain in far more heinous ways through operatives in SC. In 2004 the GOP donned Purple Heart band-aids at their convention to denigrate John Kerry. Max Cleland for Christ's sake. But Trump has crossed the Rubicon?? Attacking military service isn't a cardinal sin among Republicans, it's a sacrament and right of passage. Screw these people. It's all completely disingenuous.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TRUMP is a "godsend" to the Democrats!

Single handedly, he is embarassing the entire party to the point where all the other candidates will have to literally slit their wrists in public just to get attention.

TOS.