turkeys??

browniehound

All the years when turkeys were given out, lots of folks complained about "the cheap-ass company" and "big deal, a turkey".

Now you act like the turkey was made of solid gold. My gosh, turkeys are cheap this time of year and sometimes free with a regular grocery purchase. You'll get a much better feeling donating something you bought yourself.

It's not personal, it's just business.

Moreluck,
I like this post. While I'm not the one to thumb my nose at free food, I thought maybe the company could have gave a bit more to its hourlies at year's end.

I say this because I've worked at a small bank (two branches) and recieved a bonus quarterly and double the amount in the 4th quarter. My girlfriend works for an outfit of 6-8 employees and she just recieved a $2200+ check for Christmas.

I don't have a problem with this as long as we come out strong and lean when the economy recovers. I want a job for the next 2 decades more than I want a turkey or money bonus every December.

Also, Its not like UPS operates in the red. We are profitable quarter after quarter, year after year. I just want a turkey again(lol). $100 would be better still!

I understand the competition has a labor cost advantage and our profit has shrunk significantly the past 8 quarters. I'm hoping this is due to the economy and not a flaw in our business plan.

I know its cliche', but we really don't know what we have until its gone...

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I have always appreciated getting a turkey, especially since I am on call all the time. It was one less burden as I am losing hours, even during peak, though don't you think we would complain about it.:wink2:

Someone said a turkey was cheap--how much cheaper is it to not even get a turkey?

I have no problem with the full timers at my hub. They appreciate me but some on here are not even remotely sympathetic to us part timers because, even if a few of them did have to start part time, they didnt go through the same struggles as the less than 5 yr part timers.

Cost of living is way up, so even with the progression, our pay rate is lower when comparing the cost of living now versus when they were part time and they weren't losing hours nearly as bad as we are today. I hold a 2nd fulltime job so when I work at UPS I bust my butt from 530 a.m. till 830p.m. 15 hour days because my hours are not secure at UPS. I'm no kid, I'm 35 with a family and have suffered with lay offs and company closing and losing jobs for years so dont give me that crap talk. MY jobs were foundry pouring metal, plant folded. Block work masonry, many lay offs there and furniture companies, breaking my back so those of you on here saying you dont care can kiss my butt and if its a problem then its your problem. As long as your getting that pay and too many hours then you can't understand our complaints.

I worked harder at fixing this than I did at work today.:wink2:

Clueless does have a point, although it is hard to find in this mess. Part timers today do have it harder than most of us had when we first started out. The pay rate does not reflect the work involved and does need to be addressed but this won't happen until PTers get more involved in the process. The benefits delay, which does make good business sense, will make it that much harder to attract quality candidates. Cost of living is up but I learned a simple formula when I was young--if your expenses exceed your income you need to either reduce your expenses or increase your income. It's pretty simple--live within your means.

OMG, thanks, I quit reading the original after the first line. It hurt too much!!

rod

Retired 22 years
My first year part time we got a $500 christmas bonus. Full timers got $1000. That was the last year for it. 1989!!!

That $1,000 bonus was about $665 after taxes.:sad-little: Those bonuses were actually the payoff for getting the contract approved.

UPSSOCKS

I don't want any mis understandings.

As for you UPS socks.
It's not the point of your opinion that matters. We all have different views. What matters is the way & how you aproach with your opinion.
You have no right to pull it off the way you do and if you manage then you'd better figure it out.

Who the hell are you? You think I care about you. I better figure it out? I'm doing just fine toolbag, I don't need to figure anything out. Now come over here and shine my shoes *******...

Last edited by a moderator:

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
OMG, thanks, I quit reading the original after the first line. It hurt too much!!

Lol, At the time I was using my touchscreen phone browser and struggled with the grammer and my fat fingers. Thanks again Nee Yorc, "just kidding" New York.:funny: Gotta call in at 4:30 so I'd better crash.

slantnosechevy

My first year part time we got a $500 christmas bonus. Full timers got $1000. That was the last year for it. 1989!!!

That wasn't a yearly thing. That was a signing bonus thrown in by the company for accepting the contract in '90. It was negotiated. I believe later it was said that that money was due to hourlies from money left by Casey, but the company acted like they did us a big favor by using it as a negotiating tool. The hourlies were supposed to get it anyway.

D

Dis-organized Labor

You want proof? I will post pictures of my family arm wrestling for the neck and tail bone of this beautiful turkey provided by none other than big brown. Man, OOHH WEE, them tail bones got some good flavor.
Me and my brothers usually conclude the festivities with some nighttime fart lightin'.
Man, I love the holidays
After that we shoot our dogs with BB guns. Now, that's funny there....

Socks,
Are you in Eastern Kentucky????

Last edited by a moderator:

NY11725

We use to get Bottle Water on Wednesdays.

We use to get Pizza on Fridays ( if our numbers were good ) ( by area )

I haven't seen either now for months.

I would be really shocked if we got Turkeys

UPSSOCKS

we use to get bottle water on wednesdays.

We use to get pizza on fridays ( if our numbers were good ) ( by area )

i haven't seen either now for months.

I would be really shocked if we got turkeys

you aren't getting a turkey....... Want to know why? Because me and my management buddies ate all the turkey!!!!!! No turkey for teamsters!!!!!!!!!!

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Tool...... Lots of stuff about Butts too, I have never met a gay tool. Nice to meet you...

Does your reference to tool have anything to do with your fetish of plumbers. Keep me out of your fantasy and keep your hands on your tool before you lose it. I can play insults like a sport.

Press 1 for integrity

Press 2 for upssocks

Press 3 to hear upssocks fantasy of his plumber:peaceful:

I know one thing for sure, [-]UpSucks[/-] UpSocks isn't a manager in our building displaying the attitude he has here. Guys like that last about 6 months before they are fired or demoted, after having their azzes kicked both figuratively and literally.
UpSocks is nothing more than a wannabe.