Turn a P1200 into a Food Truck

SmithBarney

Why Wait, you are a contractor. On the weekend put some signs on it. And sell food.
You own the truck right? or do you "OWN" it. See you should be allowed to do what you want
but since in most cases you are required to park "YOUR" truck at FEDEX, you can't actually..

STFXG

Actually he could. Would just have to cover decals. Remove the shelves. Install stove and all the other crap. Cut holes in the side of the truck, then weld them back in after the weekend. Doesn't really make sense does it?

SmithBarney

Actually he could. Would just have to cover decals. Remove the shelves. Install stove and all the other crap. Cut holes in the side of the truck, then weld them back in after the weekend. Doesn't really make sense does it?

Well with that can-do attitude I'm sure you'll be up and running in no time.

Install temporary shelf in back roll up door area, Install proper ventilation, and stove, make shelving inserts for the week(to cover stove)... you can do it
get creative

CJinx

Huh. I had never thought of that. That is an excellent idea for re-purposing those old trucks once you're done. If you had multiple trucks and drivers, maybe you can make a chain of food trucks? LOL

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why Wait, you are a contractor. On the weekend put some signs on it. And sell food.
You own the truck right? or do you "OWN" it. See you should be allowed to do what you want
but since in most cases you are required to park "YOUR" truck at FEDEX, you can't actually..

I used to see one of the Ground guys trying to make ends meet at the local swap meet by selling stuff out of his vehicle. When he tried to cover up the Ground signage, they threatened to fire him, so he caved and now leaves the truck at FedEx over the weekend. Fred owns the truck AND the driver. What a joke.

bbsam

Staff member
I think you have that backward. He is required to cover the lettering if not being used for Fedex purposes. Or maybe neither he nor terminal management knew what they were talking about. Or maybe you're justaking stuff up again. Anything's possible.

sjh

I used to see one of the Ground guys trying to make ends meet at the local swap meet by selling stuff out of his vehicle. When he tried to cover up the Ground signage, they threatened to fire him, so he caved and now leaves the truck at FedEx over the weekend. Fred owns the truck AND the driver. What a joke.

That makes no sense. We often use our trucks to help people move, but as required by FedEx, we cover the logo up with stuff they gave us to use. The trucks belong to us, but the logo doesn't. There is no requirement to leave FedEx trucks at the terminal, however we are liable if any packages get stolen off the truck when not left there.

bbsam

Staff member
That makes no sense. We often use our trucks to help people move, but as required by FedEx, we cover the logo up with stuff they gave us to use. The trucks belong to us, but the logo doesn't. There is no requirement to leave FedEx trucks at the terminal, however we are liable if any packages get stolen off the truck when not left there.

might be different in ISP stated since they pay for advertising on the truck.

HomeDelivery

sjh said:
... as required by FedEx, we cover the logo up with stuff they gave us to use. The trucks belong to us, but the logo doesn't. There is no requirement to leave FedEx trucks at the terminal, however we are liable if any packages get stolen off the truck when not left there.

i remember that one or 2 stepvans had that cover-up vinyl sheets to cover up the logo for non-fedex use of the vehicles over the weekend... i'll have to ask my contractor what happened to them. the terminal are supposed to supply it to the contractors or do the contractors have to purchase those cover-ups?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think you have that backward. He is required to cover the lettering if not being used for Fedex purposes. Or maybe neither he nor terminal management knew what they were talking about. Or maybe you're justaking stuff up again. Anything's possible.

I don't need to make anything up about Ground...they do a great job of creating their own chaos. This individual was using a stepvan with full logos at the swap meet for several weeks. When I went back he had covered over the logos with butcher paper and masking tape, but you could still sort of see through the paper. He told me that he was ordered to park the vehicle in the FedEx lot over the weekend or face termination. Just another example of a "quality" organization at-work. Ground blows.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't need to make anything up about Ground...they do a great job of creating their own chaos. This individual was using a stepvan with full logos at the swap meet for several weeks. When I went back he had covered over the logos with butcher paper and masking tape, but you could still sort of see through the paper. He told me that he was ordered to park the vehicle in the FedEx lot over the weekend or face termination. Just another example of a "quality" organization at-work. Ground blows.

So there are sheep at Ground as well. I think we knew that when Nick started posting here.