Unbelievable...update on FMLA situation

10 Pt

With every comment you make concerning another person's situation, I wonder just how much further you can shove your foot down your throat.

Just out of curiosity, how much experience do you personally have with a family member receiving chemo? Or are you depending entirely on Moreluck's accounts?
Twice chemo, once with chemo and radiation.
It's easy to be the armchair quarterback.
The company should back off of an employee when this comes up.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
At the end of the day, it isn't rocket science (no matter how much some people try to make it be).
It can be complicated but if you apply processes and break it down ... it doesn't take anyone with an IQ over 90 or so to execute anything at UPS.
Setting those tasks or events up can take a lot of intense study and testing but it's the process that makes everything happen.

10 Pt

The company would be fine without Abney as far as that goes.
Process drives everything within UPS.
I'm not sure any one person makes any decision that is important within UPS.
At the end of the day, it isn't rocket science (no matter how much some people try to make it be).
IMG_20170514_222054.jpg

Yikes!
Who is going to organize these?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Twice chemo, once with chemo and radiation.
It's easy to be the armchair quarterback.
The company should back off of an employee when this comes up.

The sad part is, Dave typically wouldn't respond to either mine or your posts.

Once he gets called out, he retracts like a turtle into it's shell.

We shall see this time.

dudebro

Next time one of your folks is on fmla go ahead and tell him/her when he/she is allowed to go to the doctor based on your staffing. Better yet go ahead and call the doctor yourself and get the appointments switched around to your liking. Let us know how it all goes.

I didn't tell you I agreed with this type of activity. What I told you was, stuff some of you think is the law, isn't, so if you want those protections, negotiate them into collective bargaining.

Personally, I've always supported any of my folks on FMLA. Planning is my job, not theirs.

BUCN85

Filed my grievance today. Apparently I was told by center manager before filing I should have discussed the issue first. I'm sorry I don't need to discuss violation of a federal law. Thanks
Oh and PS. "They have. Even pretty generous regarding my FMLA". Lol some people just don't get it

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Filed my grievance today. Apparently I was told by center manager before filing I should have discussed the issue first. I'm sorry I don't need to discuss violation of a federal law. Thanks
Oh and PS. "They have. Even pretty generous regarding my FMLA". Lol some people just don't get it
Welcome to targetville

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Your useless center manager should have found out about your insurance coverage also and fixed it. He must be a real caring hands on guy, not.

Rack em

Made the Podium
As Nothing by 1030 said, you now have a target on your back. They will be "observing" you more when you're on route, and I have heard of UPS even hiring private investigators to follow people if they are on disability, fmla, work comp. etc....

I'm happy to hear you filed the grievance because they were out of line, but just make sure you do your job by the book and are always honest. Best of luck to you, and I wish your wife a speedy and successful recovery!