Union Dues and Disability

brownieworker

Hey guys, I was on STDisability for 6 months. Now I am getting union dues taken out every week for 2 dollars more than I was paying monthly... Is this right? And who can I call to see what is going on? Thanks

rocket man

Lets see ,,,,the uniON hall? n o!!!! did you ever keep in touch with your agent at all you are another PRIME EXZAMPLE OF A MEMEBER WHO THINKS THE UNION IS JUST FOR PUTTING OUT THE FIRE AFTER IT STARTED, GET INVOLVED .

raceanoncr

Did you ask for withdrawal card when you went on STD? If not, they are probably taking out to make up for or maybe your regular dues increased in your absense.

Withdrawal card is used when you know you're going to be out for long periods of time. You are not charge dues for that time and when time to get back, you notify union and resume. Ultimately, tho, it's YOUR responsiblity to let them know.

Now, do some research with union and company to find out what's going on.

barnyard

KTM rider
Seriously, call your union hall and ask them. When I went on WC, one of my 1st calls was to my union hall. This is probably going to shock you, but they answered all of my questions politely and accurately. They even told me what to do when I go back to work or what should happen if my injury prevents a return to work.

You would be amazed at the info you can find out if you call your union hall.

brownieworker

Lets see ,,,,the uniON hall? n o!!!! did you ever keep in touch with your agent at all you are another PRIME EXZAMPLE OF A MEMEBER WHO THINKS THE UNION IS JUST FOR PUTTING OUT THE FIRE AFTER IT STARTED, GET INVOLVED .
Wow thanks for the nice comment.. I had no idea or heard of a withdrawl card in the 7 years of working there.

Inthegame

Wow thanks for the nice comment.. I had no idea or heard of a withdrawl card in the 7 years of working there.
Brownie, Take a glance at the union bullentin board at your workplace. I'll bet two nickels the withdrawal card info is posted there. If not tell your steward it should be. If you've attended any union membership meetings, withdrawal card reminders are regularly given.

Johney

Check your Locals website, I believe you can apply for one online. At least you can through mine I can't imagine yours being much different.

Johney

To OP. I reread your post, you can't file now for a withdrawal card you are basically responsible for the past dues.

packageguy

If his agent is like mine, hes worthless.

What make me sick is you knock the union,
lets see, do something wrong and your out
the door waiting for a hearing.
Now no union and your fired.
So stop being stupid, you kiss ass.....
If you read your contract you
would have the answers, and you would
not knock your union.