Union Politics - The Ohio Conference of Teamsters has been put in Trusteeship!!!

I'm not big, definitely not a boy, and I don't claim to know anything but what I read. I did read the report though.

I probably have the least amount of training of any member on here. I don't claim any special talents.

But honesty is better than loyalty and position.
You think about that while you're posting your toilets and cheeseburgers.
I know as much as you stud. Big boy and stud is like bro to me. Nothing derogatory just a term of endearment.

10 point

I know as much as you stud. Big boy and stud is like bro to me. Nothing derogatory just a term of endearment.
Understood. Thx. Appreciate you.
No one, is stealing anything.

The Ohio Conference, is the political "arm" in the region.

-Bug-
OK bug, if I took someone's money and used it for things that were not a part of the stipulated reason for it being entrusted to me it's called theft and if the amount is great enough it is a felony.

Let's not water it down.

Bales's spending our money on unauthorized things isn't an "arm" of anything and no one knew the perimeters of the permissible use of our money better than her.

I don't know any of the people in this report and only seen one person listed there one time so there's no personal axe for me to grind but this report, as ugly as it reads, is a slap in members faces who are facing significant cuts in their pensions.

People already feel like victims. They didn't need to see this now.

Last edited:
image.jpeg

10 point

No worries it's a message board. I'm sure I'll be a dick really soon. Not that I'm saying you were or are.
When your BA waits almost a year to submit an interp to the panel it makes you sour on the whole issue of not getting what we pay for.

Like I said, the view you have from the top isn't the view we have from the bottom.

And then there's "another" BA at the panel who tries to make a fool of a member when they should be fighting for you.

I hope the OC didn't pay for charges in those folks cases.

There's reason's for some members attitudes. We aren't all on the same team.

When your BA waits almost a year to submit an interp to the panel it makes you sour on the whole issue of not getting what we pay for.

Like I said, the view you have from the top isn't the view we have from the bottom.

And then there's "another" BA at the panel who tries to make a fool of a member when they should be fighting for you.

I hope the OC didn't pay for charges in those folks cases.

There's reason's for some members attitudes. We aren't all on the same team.
I'm blessed to have the brothers (BA's) that I've got representing me. Especially the one who's like a pitbull with rabies. You see though guys like this don't grow on trees. Either you are blessed to have a motherf****r like this to roll with or you don't. Anyone wants some of him I'll chew em up.

Brown Spider

No one, is stealing anything.

The Ohio Conference, is the political "arm" in the region.

-Bug-

Call it whatever you'd like Bug, but it would appear that the political "arm" in the region was reaching deeply into the pockets of the members in the region and providing very little in return. I'm pretty sure that you're familiar with the Secretary Treasurers Manual that pretty much addresses specific guidelines for signatures on checks, disbursement of funds, reporting requirements, etc. Maybe you should represent these guys at their eventual hearing. Toss that 'ol "political arm in the region" defense out there and see how it flies!

Call it whatever you'd like Bug, but it would appear that the political "arm" in the region was reaching deeply into the pockets of the members in the region and providing very little in return. I'm pretty sure that you're familiar with the Secretary Treasurers Manual that pretty much addresses specific guidelines for signatures on checks, disbursement of funds, reporting requirements, etc. Maybe you should represent these guys at their eventual hearing. Toss that 'ol "political arm in the region" defense out there and see how it flies!
What the hell would you know about what purpose the Ohio conference of teamsters serves. You are in New York.

Hofficer Hater

You make this sound like just a little bump in the road for the Ohio Conference. It's a bit more than that. The process takes time before the Trusteeship Hearing takes place. It is unlikely that the Ohio party boys will emerge unscathed. It's more likely that we'll see suspensions at the least and lifetime bans at the worst. As far as a "temporary thing", all trusteeships are temporary in nature. The DOL will allow a trusteeship to continue for 2 years, and longer if the Trustee can justify a continued presence. Have you even read the report? Doesn't even matter that the party boys are Junior's pals. The IRB is not going to allow a slap on the wrist and walk in the park.

All those scumbags will go down. You can be sure of that. The IRB hates crooked and overpaid high school dropouts that enrich themselves from workers.

Hofficer Hater

Thank you for posting the update on the status of the OCT investigation. The actions by these OCT officials are reprehensible. This type of Union corruption and incompetency undermines the promotion of "Unionism" and organizing at a time when sentiment about being associated with a Union is already at an all time low. The fact that one of the principle officers from the OCT was also on the Board of the financially troubled Central States Pension Fund is also disconcerting.

Based on reading the article quoted by the the OP, I feel confident that appropriate actions will be taken to insure justice in this matter. At the "end of the day", I would like to see the portion of union dues ($1.25/month/member) allocated for the OCT, distributed to Ohio Teamsters that are facing CSPF reductions. Also needed are much better efforts at organizing in Ohio as well as many other places throughout the country.....FedEx in particular.

I wonder what they're gonna say when the majority of local elections that are up for grabs this Fall vote for reform slates. I hear the Lexington, Newark and Ventura locals are voting against Junior and for reform slates within the next month. I wonder why the member are doing that if Junior and his old guard were doing such a great job.

Brown Spider

What the hell would you know about what purpose the Ohio conference of teamsters serves. You are in New York.

Actually Belly, as a Teamster of many years I have a pretty good understanding of what purpose present and former regional and area conferences serve. And thanks to Bug, I now understand that the Ohio Conference served as the "political arm in the region". That sort of conflicts with reports that suggest the Ohio Conference was a well paid fraternity of party animals, but I'm sure that all their noble political activity on behalf of Ohio Teamster members will certainly surface at the hearing.

And thanks for pointing out that I'm in New York, Belly. Not sure what that has to do with the subject. I am also some distance from Illinois, but I have a pretty good understanding of the purpose that the Chicago Fire Department serves. There are other examples that I can offer, but having read many of your own posts, I do worry about your attention span. Have a great night Belly and be sure to give my regards to your pal Pant Load!

Actually Belly, as a Teamster of many years I have a pretty good understanding of what purpose present and former regional and area conferences serve. And thanks to Bug, I now understand that the Ohio Conference served as the "political arm in the region". That sort of conflicts with reports that suggest the Ohio Conference was a well paid fraternity of party animals, but I'm sure that all their noble political activity on behalf of Ohio Teamster members will certainly surface at the hearing.

And thanks for pointing out that I'm in New York, Belly. Not sure what that has to do with the subject. I am also some distance from Illinois, but I have a pretty good understanding of the purpose that the Chicago Fire Department serves. There are other examples that I can offer, but having read many of your own posts, I do worry about your attention span. Have a great night Belly and be sure to give my regards to your pal Pant Load!
I'm sorry but you aren't getting any of my loads. I don't know what hat gave you that idea.

5habits100

Don't put this on me.
It's not about me looking for anything it's about what "others" were looking for and what they reportedly found.

The crickets were posted to parallel the three foot cheeseburgers, toilets, and obesity pics, which other Ohio posters elaborated about and now are strangely quiet about this issue.
Change your tampon. Wow

5habits100

You make this sound like just a little bump in the road for the Ohio Conference. It's a bit more than that. The process takes time before the Trusteeship Hearing takes place. It is unlikely that the Ohio party boys will emerge unscathed. It's more likely that we'll see suspensions at the least and lifetime bans at the worst. As far as a "temporary thing", all trusteeships are temporary in nature. The DOL will allow a trusteeship to continue for 2 years, and longer if the Trustee can justify a continued presence. Have you even read the report? Doesn't even matter that the party boys are Junior's pals. The IRB is not going to allow a slap on the wrist and walk in the park.
I never said it was a little things. You need to read.
I doubt the life time ban.
I have read the report.
Have you read the entire report I doubt it.