United Way force donations coming soon for 2011.

tieguy

Banned
I'll see if I can get a closer look. I heard the person (division coordinator) say "now I have access to see the amounts" and I saw the report from a distance. Might have been a ploy to pressure people by making them believe they knew the amount given. They are way off the goal. We'll see soon. The operations that are not making the goal will begin to be pressured soon.

yea let me know. I know my divison manager does not have those rights. The funny thing is someone made an adjustment to the program. when they first gave him rights the only amounts you could see were for the leadership givers. then that dissapeared to. I really hope its a sign of the future because it would take the overzealous management folks out of the picture.

UPSSOCKS

Your Story went from:

"They still know what is given. I've seen the report. I've also seen and heard of people being required to report their donation amount this year."

To This:

I'll see if I can get a closer look. I heard the person (division coordinator) say "now I have access to see the amounts" and I saw the report from a distance. Might have been a ploy to pressure people by making them believe they knew the amount given. They are way off the goal. We'll see soon. The operations that are not making the goal will begin to be pressured soon.

Fracus you are slipping. You are losing track. Are we really way off goal?? How do you know?? Was that on this infamous report that you saw? I'm not sure if I follow you. In one instance you said "I've seen the report." On another occasion you heard someone say they had access to see the amounts. Lastly you apparently saw this "report" from a distance, but you are going to try to get a closer look.

wannabeups

We still have some creative cheapskates working for this company that will be sure to come up with more BS excuses.

Just because one doesn't give thru the United Way thru the company, doesn't mean they don't give. I still donate ON MY OWN. Also was involved with a group that busted our rear ends off back in February (All day affair) cooking for the homeless. This month (August) we are doing a Habitat for Humanity House.

I was told I could log the volunteer hours. I choose NOT TO. Does that make me a cheapskate?

Respectfully submitted.

Wannabe

UPSSOCKS

Just because one doesn't give thru the United Way thru the company, doesn't mean they don't give. I still donate ON MY OWN. Also was involved with a group that busted our rear ends off back in February (All day affair) cooking for the homeless. This month (August) we are doing a Habitat for Humanity House.

I was told I could log the volunteer hours. I choose NOT TO. Does that make me a cheapskate?

Respectfully submitted.

Wannabe

No it makes you **** ** ****.. Why wouldn't you log the hours?? I call BS on BC........

Last edited by a moderator:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
No it makes you **** ** ****.. Why wouldn't you log the hours?? I call BS on BC........
Maybe wannabeups is looking forward to receiving their pat on the back at some other point in "life", as opposed to you people that want to brag about how much you give to UW. Don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.

wannabeups

Because in 2008 I came to the conclusion (whether it is right or wrong). That the ONLY reason UPS pushes the United Way soo strong is so they can say, "HEY, LOOK WHAT WE DO". I don't feel like they give from the heart. How many other companies publish or brag about look how much we give to the united way. When you give or donate you do so from the heart no so you can get some good publicity.

I used to log my hours, matter fact ups made an UNSOLICITATED donation because I worked so many hours. This was in 2007. Don't get me wrong the donation was appreciated.

@ UPS SOCKS one reason I don't log volunteers hours is because want to contribute to the propaganda. And rest assured my friend I can provide you PROOF, that I am NOT BS'ing you.

wannabeups

Plus the company is always looking for ways to cut costs. If you don't donate thru the United Way campaign you are saving the company money. The less you give the less the company has to match. :)

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Your Story went from:

"They still know what is given. I've seen the report. I've also seen and heard of people being required to report their donation amount this year."

To This:

Fracus you are slipping. You are losing track. Are we really way off goal?? How do you know?? Was that on this infamous report that you saw? I'm not sure if I follow you. In one instance you said "I've seen the report." On another occasion you heard someone say they had access to see the amounts. Lastly you apparently saw this "report" from a distance, but you are going to try to get a closer look.

Two different reports. One report lists goal, actual, percent of goal reached by operation, etc. The other lists each person in the operation. I was not able to closely review the report that lists each person. I saw both.

midwestmess

I was on upsers.com and on there it says we can use the new e-way to make our donations but when I asked our center manager he said that was not an option for us. They still want to sit down with us personally so they can see if we donate or not. I think there big thing is they want to be able to show that they get 100% participation so that they look good. I will not be donating this year. Participation now 98.7%

tourists24

I was on upsers.com and on there it says we can use the new e-way to make our donations but when I asked our center manager he said that was not an option for us. They still want to sit down with us personally so they can see if we donate or not. I think there big thing is they want to be able to show that they get 100% participation so that they look good. I will not be donating this year. Participation now 98.7%
Well according to some on here,,,, you are now officially a "cheap" person,,,, shame on you

midwestmess

Well according to some on here,,,, you are now officially a "cheap" person,,,, shame on you

I do not consider myself cheap but rather smart. I would rather put that money away for my retirement and donate my time so that way when that glorious day comes and I can say screw this company I'm done I know I'm walking away with my own security in place.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I pledged online at upsers without a problem. If you want to donate but do not want to sit down with your center manager then you should use the online option and then print out your receipt and hand it to your center manager.

E

eli1mxm

Its a charity ok, its your option to give you should not have to feel intimadated or feel threatened because the company is trying to hit that magic number. Thats all its about its not about who there are helping because this company could care less about you and me so why should they care about someone who is sick or disabled.Iam tired of be told i have to give some of you might think i am just being cheap i donated $10.00 a week to the ronald mcdonald house of that $10.00 only $2.00 went to them and the rest went to pay for the six figure salary that the c.e.o. at u.w i thought this was a not for profit org.I would like to know how much he donates?

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I do not consider myself cheap but rather smart. I would rather put that money away for my retirement and donate my time so that way when that glorious day comes and I can say screw this company I'm done I know I'm walking away with my own security in place.

I think people should have the choice to participate as they choose, however it's pretty hard to financially justify not giving a few dollars when you make what full-time UPSer make . The motivation appears to be more of a defiant act against the company. People rant and rave about not getting what they want, then at the first opportunity they go to extremes ( not participating the in the united way for no reason other than to be difficult and uncooperative is extreme) to work against the company. I don't see the benefit in this mentality.

UPSSOCKS

Its a charity ok, its your option to give you should not have to feel intimadated or feel threatened because the company is trying to hit that magic number. Thats all its about its not about who there are helping because this company could care less about you and me so why should they care about someone who is sick or disabled.Iam tired of be told i have to give some of you might think i am just being cheap i donated $10.00 a week to the ronald mcdonald house of that $10.00 only $2.00 went to them and the rest went to pay for the six figure salary that the c.e.o. at u.w i thought this was a not for profit org.I would like to know how much he donates?

That is a lie.. Do you realize that we all work for UPS too? Do you realize that you are saying 80% of your donation goes to administrative fees?

E

eli1mxm

They make it that way i dont want to be strong-armed into giving to charity i want to give but on my terms .if the people who receive this benifit from the u.w. Knew of the tactic this company does to get donations they would be ashamed of u.p.s.

UPSSOCKS

They make it that way i dont want to be strong-armed into giving to charity i want to give but on my terms .if the people who receive this benifit from the u.w. Knew of the tactic this company does to get donations they would be ashamed of u.p.s.

Yeah and I'm pretty sure the people receving the UW assistance don't care where it comes from or how they got it. Listen pal, make a one time doantion of $800 and be done with it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
That would be YOUnited Way.:wink2:

I think people should have the choice to participate as they choose, however it's pretty hard to financially justify not giving a few dollars when you make what full-time UPSer make . The motivation appears to be more of a defiant act against the company. People rant and rave about not getting what they want, then at the first opportunity they go to extremes ( not participating the in the united way for no reason other than to be difficult and uncooperative is extreme) to work against the company. I don't see the benefit in this mentality.
Not everyone that makes what a full timer makes is in a position to give the way that you say. I'm living paycheck to paycheck and I bet I'm not the only one that lives this way.

Here's another BC'er that gets neg repped by UPSSOCKS, simply for posting what they believe, which, btw, was not posted in an offensive way.

UPSSOCKS, don't you see why people can feel so negatively about MGMT? We're not even allowed to speak our minds on the internet without getting a virtual warning letter.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
After enduring years of the dog and pony show of giving to United Way, I broke with the company, and started to donate my time and money to MY favorite charity. I had tried to designate where my money was to go, and it did go there. The problem was that UW took 10% off what they already took off the top, so my donation was losing 15-20% right off the top. So, I endure the stares of my supervisor and his boss every time I turn in the UW form with 0 dollars for 0 pay periods.

Braveheart

I use to always donate to united way but last year I found out a good amount of pt sups didn't even get the slips and when Jan came they was donating $2 a week. Also, a few drivers that told there center manager no now sees a $1 a week taking out of there check. But the one I found more messed up was a full-time sup forging a one time payment for $100 on one of his pt union workers. I won't say to not donate but don't be forced to do so besides when they present the check to united way they says it's from UPS not from the WORKERS of ups.

Many of the drivers give to their church or other groups.
Full time managers are forced to give and I saw their contribution sheets. All were the same amount and based on a specific number or %.

No one should ever be forced or required to give. It is no longer a donation if forced or required.