Upcoming 401(k) Changes

vantexan

Keep in mind tens of thousands of couriers managed to save for a comfortable retirement despite the length of time it took to top out. Some retired comfortably and never topped out. Do you know how? It is called proper money management and living within your means while putting money in your 401k. Qualities you never figured out.
How do you know that? How do you know that tens of thousands retired comfortably? If people are living paycheck to paycheck with 2% raises and a joke of a pension I doubt they retired comfortably. Lucky you got in when you did.

It will be fine

How do you know that? How do you know that tens of thousands retired comfortably? If people are living paycheck to paycheck with 2% raises and a joke of a pension I doubt they retired comfortably. Lucky you got in when you did.
Face it, most truck drivers are probably terrible with money and saving. It doesn’t make a difference what they are paid, they’ll waste it all on cocaine and hookers regardless.

falcon back

Nobody that worked with me had trouble retiring comfortably and plenty of them never topped out. Some of us eat lunch regularly and not a single one lives in their car.

vantexan

How do you know how old they were when they started? You really have no idea what you are talking about. As usual.
OK, they started later and brought a pension with them like a military pension. I was rehired at $10.85hr in late '98. Left in 2013 at $18.17hr. Doesn't make for a great retirement unless your spouse has a good job or you have a pension from a previous career.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I have never said they didn't have the right to change over to a new pension plan. My criticism is in how they changed over. And of the way they handled midrange raises for many years, lying to people in how long it would take to top out. I imagine being honest with employees and settling for less profit to take care of employees would make you shudder.
What is up with you demanding they take less profit as if you're entitled to something?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
OK, they started later and brought a pension with them like a military pension. I was rehired at $10.85hr in late '98. Left in 2013 at $18.17hr. Doesn't make for a great retirement unless your spouse has a good job or you have a pension from a previous career.
How much of a pension did you expect after only 15 years????

AB831

Yah, let's squelch everyone's opinions. Sieg heil herr fuhrer!
Don’t mind Dano. He affixes his lips to the asses of those above his head in hopes of compensating for his ocean of insecurity. It doesn’t seem to be helping him very much.

falcon back

Once again you are clueless. It's all about money management. You pissed away your money, many others didn't. You retiring broke is ALL on you. Quite blaming others for your failures.

vantexan

Once again you are clueless. It's all about money management. You pissed away your money, many others didn't. You retiring broke is ALL on you. Quite blaming others for your failures.
Yeah, keep to that narrative. FedEx paid us so much we should have money coming out of our ears. I didn't piss away anything. I lived paycheck to paycheck like most midrange couriers.

falcon back

Got 19 years on my pension. Would've got 21 if I hadn't quit in '97. Should've gotten 25 if FedEx had kept their w

Yeah, keep to that narrative. FedEx paid us so much we should have money coming out of our ears. I didn't piss away anything. I lived paycheck to paycheck like most midrange couriers.
You lived paycheck to paycheck because you are a bumbling maroon that does not know how to manage money. Your financial failures are all on you. You are a typical loser, EVERYTHING is someone else's fault. Be a man and accept responsibility for your poor decisions.

vantexan

You lived paycheck to paycheck because you are a bumbling maroon that does not know how to manage money. Your financial failures are all on you. You are a typical loser, EVERYTHING is someone else's fault. Be a man and accept responsibility for your poor decisions.
I never had your income. Not even close. I didn't get the pension you did. But I will make it up in the next ten years while you blow everything but your pension and SS. Goid luck!