Upcoming 401(k) Changes

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
My wife has taken over those payments. I'm less than a year from paying off the Element and it's a low payment. The only bill I will have from the States soon after arriving in Argentina is Dish satellite. I should put more than a thousand a month in savings as soon as I get there and in 3 years put my entire pension and part of SS into savings. At least $2500 a month.
I like how you don't have a debt because your wife writes the check for the payments. LOL!!!

59 Dano

I was single most of my time with FedEx. Most I ever grossed was $48k and I worked over 40 6 day weeks to make that. One year as a full timer I grossed $27k. My Honda cost $34k plus interest and it's what my wife wanted. And to keep it she's paying for it. I'm heading to a very cheap country to make up for lost time. Something I bet you'd never do.
You're right, I'd never walk out on my wife like that.

vantexan

You're right, I'd never walk out on my wife like that.
She's fine with it. The day may come when you have a 28 year old heavyset, angry stepdaughter living with you who acts like she's the boss and if you point out you don't care for the pot smoking, cigarette smoking, tv domination your wife may fly into you for criticizing her baby. Enough of that and sleeping in a car looks pretty good. Then again you may enjoy that sort of thing. Meanwhile you're an apologist for a bunch of exploitive jackasses. You must be so proud.

59 Dano

She insisted on getting it so she can pay for it. Otherwise she can turn it back in.
Sounds healthy.
She's fine with it. The day may come when you have a 28 year old heavyset, angry stepdaughter living with you who acts like she's the boss and if you point out you don't care for the pot smoking, cigarette smoking, tv domination your wife may fly into you for criticizing her baby. Enough of that and sleeping in a car looks pretty good. Then again you may enjoy that sort of thing. Meanwhile you're an apologist for a bunch of exploitive jackasses. You must be so proud.
Call us crazy, but my wife and I married to come together as one.

floridays

Nobody that worked with me had trouble retiring comfortably and plenty of them never topped out. Some of us eat lunch regularly and not a single one lives in their car.
I'll call
bsbullf.gif
on that, if they never topped out they are not retired comfortably from fedex, there is a previous employer contribution or inheritance, or they are happy living in squalor, I'd be happy to run numbers with you. I know no one that lives in his car, Van has a house, he chooses not to live with the most beautiful girl in the world exclusively, if he did when you roll over in the morning you can tell him hello.

floridays

How's that debt to income ratio?
What's your point?
More to the point, do you feel like a big man rubbing his face in something you perceive to be a fact?

I've got the same question for you.
How's your debt to income ratio?

I love a smartass that claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ and busts a guys balls on stuff like that.

Magic christian, everything you have, from where did it come?

floridays

Excuse after Excuse. I can piss away all I want and won't run out. I properly planned for retirement and lived way below my income level while working so I could enjoy retirement.
I call
bsbullf.gif
on that as well.
You know as well as I do you can't make that claim off courier money, I don't give a rats ass if you got top pay from day one. You joined the rank of liars with that one. I say that for a fact. You may be in that position, it did not solely come from fedex. If you say it came only from your years at fedex, you are a liar.

59 Dano

What's your point?
More to the point, do you feel like a big man rubbing his face in something you perceive to be a fact?
He brings most of this stuff up unprompted. Not my problem.

I've got the same question for you.
How's your debt to income ratio?
No debt other than a mortgage.

I love a smartass that claims to be a follower of Jesus Christ and busts a guys balls on stuff like that.

Magic christian, everything you have, from where did it come?
If I was screwing things up to the degree that he is, I'd hope someone would point it out to me.