Upcoming 401(k) Changes

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Typical Fat Freddy. And feel sorry for those still there who like Old Falcon Fart wrongly believe that the Fedex of old still remains and will support them when they can no longer serve it.
Old Falcon Fart is still in a state of duh-nile ever since Car 54 and Mr. Ed were cancelled from the prime time TV lineups.

bacha29

Old Falcon Fart is still in a state of duh-nile ever since Car 54 and Mr. Ed were cancelled from the prime time TV lineups.
And when Gun Smoke, Wagon Train, Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett all went off the air.... he's never been the same. Perhaps we've been too hard on him.

falcon back

Retirement is sweet. All the retirement benefits have worked out great for me. It's a shame Tex and Cactus didn't better prepare for retirement. Cant blame poor preparation on anyone but themselves.

bacha29

Retirement is sweet. All the retirement benefits have worked out great for me. It's a shame Tex and Cactus didn't better prepare for retirement. Cant blame poor preparation on anyone but themselves.
Unfortunately they didn't have spouses with scratch off lottery winning tickets sufficient to provide splendid retirements.

falcon back

Unfortunately they didn't have spouses with scratch off lottery winning tickets sufficient to provide splendid retirements.
Any employee that was around 30 or more years and didn't have a very comfortable retirement only has themselves to blame. Cactus bragged how long he was around. Just because he retired and barely scrapes by is his own fault.

Cactus

Has nothing to do with what I said.

Pathetic response....as usual.

Cactus

Any employee that was around 30 or more years and didn't have a very comfortable retirement only has themselves to blame. Cactus bragged how long he was around. Just because he retired and barely scrapes by is his own fault.
Where did I say I'm barely scraping by?

Go find that post and provide us a link. Bet you don't know how either being the simpleton you are.

bacha29

Has nothing to do with what I said.

Pathetic response....as usual.
Old Falcon Fart's "retirement" was not the result of a self managed retirement portfolio. He simply threw his darts at the board and one or two of them just so happen to land at or close to the bulls eye of a mutual fund or ETF It was dumb luck, not portfolio self management. That along with his no self respect groveling to management is what are responsible for his "great" retirement.

Working4the1%

I don't recall reading anywhere the company "encouraging " people do decide either way. If you have something to prove otherwise, please share. As much as people like to complain, less than 10% of Fortune 500 companies have BOTH a pension AND a 401k. Even though the Portable isn't as good of plan, it beats not have any pension at all.
And far fewer companies are at $300 a share. Cry me a river..

falcon back

Old Falcon Fart's "retirement" was not the result of a self managed retirement portfolio. He simply threw his darts at the board and one or two of them just so happen to land at or close to the bulls eye of a mutual fund or ETF It was dumb luck, not portfolio self management. That along with his no self respect groveling to management is what are responsible for his "great" retirement.
Who cares how I got there. I got there and it is sweet

fedx

Extra Large Package
One companies employees have federal protection to unionize and the other company has federal protection that their employees can’t unionize. Now that’s YUGE! A much bigger difference than the auto industry

And if you look back to the early 20th century, those auto workers had to literally fight hard to unionize. If they would have just "quit and work somewhere else to be happy" like Falcon says, these autoworkers today would be making $12-$15/hr. Look, I'm not a huge union guy, but I believe they are needed when a job sucks. FedEx needs a union. Rather than quit and leave with your tail between your legs, we deserve to organize. FedEx made promises they failed to keep with their 10 step pay program. The fact that FedEx now is using their "last mile optimization" that should blur the lines claiming FedEx is still an airline when they're using their Ground network to make Express deliveries.

Serf

The PPA is crap, and like said on here before it will probably be taken away without permission in a few yrs anyway.