UPS And it's management

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by gman042, Jan 23, 2015.

1. gman042

gman042 Been around the block a few times

Is UPS the only company out there where the management makes less than the people they manage? It would seem that the quality of management would increase if they were compensated better than employees.
    I hear it said often that a driver was "promoted" into management. Promotions tend to included a pay increase. Not the case with UPS. There are many drivers that would make excellent management but who wants to take a 25 grand cut in pay?
  2. Tough Guy

Tough Guy Active Member

With some of the older ones, I think when they originally went into management, it was "an offer they couldn't refuse". I'm sure they didn't foresee that too rate would be around 34 bucks or so. So a lot of them were slowly surpassed until it's gotten to the point where it is today.
  3. Tough Guy

Tough Guy Active Member

And as far as newer sups, it could be guys who don't think they could take a career of wear and tear, or also see an immediate jump in pay.
  4. I think guys who move to management are thinking more long term than just the current period. I know my on car is trying to move to the center manager position, which is all but a done deal. I'm sure there are plenty though who are just stuck in the position and it not going the way they thought.
  5. jaker

jaker trolling

Don't forget their actual pay is close to ours , but they make a lot in stock options
  6. TTownUPSer

TTownUPSer New Member

I have seen some go into management to be the next outside hire for full time driver.
    That way they jump a lot employees that may have more seniority.
  7. Bottom rung

Bottom rung Active Member

Don't be fooled by the rhetoric they spew. They make far more than we do.
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

This is true, although it is not quite $25K. Within a few years of the promotion they are back to where they were with a portfolio full of stock options.
  9. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

And not to mention there retirement is 80% of their pay and ours is a :censored2:ty pension that will be gone by the time I retire.
  10. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Scumbag move
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Almost as bad as being hired off the street.
  12. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

As you and I were. The right way
  13. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

In the past when PT sups were allowed to go driving they had been PT sups for years. I don't think they jumped ahead of too many hourlies.
  14. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Pt supervisors frequently drive during the free period
  15. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Good thing there is not too many of us scumbags hired off the street then or else this place would go to hell!
  16. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

In my building PT sups are too busy double shifting because UPS can not hire enough PT sups off the street or double shifting as hourlies because no one else wants to.