UPS CUTS PART-TIME WORKERS PAY BY 1/3

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I feel the same way about the entitlement thing with the younger generation, cuz I'm older, (not sure if you are older). See it in action every day. But think he may be referring to the wage needs to be with the times and may also be referring to how long it takes to get to a FT or Driver job at UPS. As a younger person, yes I would think they would do other side gigs while waiting, so I do see your point. And yes, if someone wants FT or Driver at UPS, it seems like it takes a long time.
What is a bonus? I was a PTer for 11 years before I had enough seniority to go FT and never got a bonus. Meanwhile the PT new hires working alongside us were getting hired on at $13/hr (circa 2017) plus a $250 “attendance bonus“ which at 25 hrs a week works out to be an additional $10 an hour. You either put your time in or don’t let the door hit you in the ass.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I wonder if they get free burgers
Be worth it if they did
If you work that day you can get a free burger and (technically) as many fries as you want, but you have to put in the burger like an order and enter your code. We'd take water cups and get whatever drink we'd like as well. One of the tricks we'd use to hook each other up though, at least for drinks, is order a Large Water.

From a Land Brown Under

You can file as much as you like.Your mission should be getting a few of your co workers to file
I have which is why this thread should be closed. Everyone that is here is comfortable with the hours they get and would rather not rattle the cages. New people leave too fast and don't see a point in joining seeing how others get treated.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

Labelflipper

What is a bonus? I was a PTer for 11 years before I had enough seniority to go FT and never got a bonus. Meanwhile the PT new hires working alongside us were getting hired on at $13/hr (circa 2017) plus a $250 “attendance bonus“ which at 25 hrs a week works out to be an additional $10 an hour. You either put your time in or don’t let the door hit you in the ass.
I seriously don't know what to say about the people that that have been at UPS for years and didn't receive the MRA or now the attendance bonus. I think what's going on now only affects people hired during the current contract. When I started in 2019, it was $14 per hour. I never got a bonus to be hired, and have only gotten the attendance bonus this month, after the MRA was taken away.
There's so much I don't know about the people who were hired before this contract, like how much were already making in 2021, was it more than than newer people were getting hired for? And was your pay reduced, like ours, after what we were getting during peak season? One thing the Union did tell me is that we would never make less than our junior, so UPS did have to raise our pay when they were hiring new package handlers at $19 per hour 2021 peak season.
It really seems like the longer you stay at a company, the starting wage for new people keeps getting higher. I was at Wells Fargo for 9 years, and even for all that time, new hires (same job classification) were hired at more than I was making in the end. Maybe that's the way it is everywhere??

You should understand that UPS in NOT a person. Think of the Terminator . A thing that lives but has NO soul with the only reason for being is PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT for US shareholders.

You are nothing to us but tools for making money......expendable.

The sooner you realize this the better.

Stay or Go.........we don't care......
Jesus, dude. You're just too much.