UPS CUTS PART-TIME WORKERS PAY BY 1/3

textat3

How do you think we all felt 15 years ago when they told us we weren’t getting a Thanksgiving turkey any more??? Its not all about you. Be glad the shareholders are getting a 50% dividend increase.

Labelflipper

@Swanson is right. Just lock this thread. Old people not realizing what they were paid back then does not match inflation today. Let the union be out of touch and die off if this is how they view the new generation.
The current contract doesn't end until sometime next year. There's really nothing anyone can do at this point regarding the wage. The way the last 2 years has gone in the world was totally unpredictable and who knew all this pandemic, inflation, and all this was going to happen when the 2018 contract was made. This is why it's important for PT's to get more involved and participate with the Union. This is what all these guys are trying to tell us, we need to be involved.

Whither

Scofflaw
@Swanson is right. Just lock this thread. Old people not realizing what they were paid back then does not match inflation today. Let the union be out of touch and die off if this is how they view the new generation.
It is a shame to read union brothers and sisters rationalizing a concession the union made decades ago, which let the company depend heavily on PT labor. And poorly paid labor at that. Rather than looking at it like a hazing ritual ("I went through this stupidity to become a driver so you have to also!") it would be encouraging to hear support from our brothers and sisters for creating more FT jobs and substantial pay increases. Inside workers used to be paid just about the same as drivers!

Keep fighting for better wages and working conditions, don't let comfortable old drivers (or comfortable old union reps!) get you down. FWIW I'm an RPCD in my late thirties and I think revoking the MRA only shows the company's disgusting arrogance.

textat3

At first it was here is your $15 gift card, go get your own damn turkey and then , literally, just like that….. nada. I will never understand this company.

textat3

We really need to stick together and get the turkey back. I don’t think it was in the contract ever but It should be from now on.

I never said it was unique, I said Frankie was correct.
I didn't say you did, I merely pointed out that no matter how big or small, any business can and probably will replace you before your seat gets cold.

As far as that guy goes, his point wasn't off, it was the "stay or go, we don't care" hardline bull:censored2: I was referring to.

Oh, and pretending he actually worked here.

Oh, and pretending to be a shareholder.

But, cogs in a wheel for sure.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I feel the same way about the entitlement thing with the younger generation, cuz I'm older, (not sure if you are older). See it in action every day. But think he may be referring to the wage needs to be with the times and may also be referring to how long it takes to get to a FT or Driver job at UPS. As a younger person, yes I would think they would do other side gigs while waiting, so I do see your point. And yes, if someone wants FT or Driver at UPS, it seems like it takes a long time.
There is a disconnect here. @From a Land Brown Under is saying us older senior guys don’t know what they’re going through. Times have changed and we just don’t understand. @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U is pretty much saying we went through the exact same crap so stop crying.

PT rate was $8.50 when I started in 2002. It is double that now. I worked UPS part time and worked full time at the hospital for 15 years before I landed a full time job with UPS. No, but please tell me how much harder you have it. Then they have the nerve to bitch about losing a hand out UPS gave them when they didn’t have to. Keep bitching, hopefully UPS will learn their lesson and give you nothing next time. Keep in mind, these little MRA raises and “show up” bonuses that you guys are getting were never offered to us.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I didn't say you did, I merely pointed out that no matter how big or small, any business can and probably will replace you before your seat gets cold.

As far as that guy goes, his point wasn't off, it was the "stay or go, we don't care" hardline bull:censored2: I was referring to.

Oh, and pretending he actually worked here.

Oh, and pretending to be a shareholder.

But, cogs in a wheel for sure.
And pretending to be a woman on here 😂

From a Land Brown Under

There is a disconnect here. @From a Land Brown Under is saying us older senior guys don’t know what they’re going through. Times have changed and we just don’t understand. @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U is pretty much saying we went through the exact same crap so stop crying.

PT rate was $8.50 when I started in 2002. It is double that now. I worked UPS part time and worked full time at the hospital for 15 years before I landed a full time job with UPS. No, but please tell me how much harder you have it. Then they have the nerve to bitch about losing a hand out UPS gave them when they didn’t have to. Keep bitching, hopefully UPS will learn their lesson and give you nothing next time. Keep in mind, these little MRA raises and “show up” bonuses were never offered to us.
Why does it have to be about who or what went through? This IS the true disconnect. You literally prove my point of crab mentality within the union. I think it is bullcrap how they paid and treated you old timers considering the company got along just fine and continues to cut corners and sell off our work.