UPS Drivers Calendar

Bryishre

ktm atv racer
The cruise wouldnt work. We would talk about work the whole time. Instead of relaxing. We would talk about where on the boat would the best spot for a drop box

P

pickup

OK tangent.....Didn't Dave Kingman when with the A's kill some small animal and send it to a sports reporter?

Shows what I know, I didn't even know he was with the A"s. I don't recall the story of the animal killing. I do know he was the type of player that would either strike out or hit a home run when a homerun meant something.

P

pickup

Hey, this is probably a great idea, however the poor other people on the cruise:happy-very:
It just strikes me funny. 30 upsers on a cruise, all walking around at a very brisk pace. All with UPS tans and all going nuts trying to get over their "sense of urgency", having 20 second conversations before charging down the deck.
:happy-very:

too problematic, the feeder drivers will get up late at night to start the day. You'll make plans for a group lunch and half the guys will skip it or show up but do other tasks while eating. Also, I can just see two ups guys with their lounge chairs back to back communicating with each other via brown cafe when they could have talked directly to each other.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hey, this is probably a great idea, however the poor other people on the cruise:happy-very:
It just strikes me funny. 30 upsers on a cruise, all walking around at a very brisk pace. All with UPS tans and all going nuts trying to get over their "sense of urgency", having 20 second conversations before charging down the deck.
That's fricking hilarious.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The cruise idea was brought up some time ago in another thread. I think this is an excelent idea and a great place to cruise out of would be Galveston. It's centrally located (relatively speaking) and the itenerary would be perfect. Western Caribbean!

Ms.PacMan

I'll tell you a secret...my favorite thing on a cruise is going up on deck at the sail away time, after the ship has been in port all day, and watching some of the cruisers run for the ship before it sails! I kind of doubt any upser would be late getting back to the boat :happy2:. It would be fun for us to meet up there for drinks.

The cruise wouldnt work. We would talk about work the whole time. Instead of relaxing. We would talk about where on the boat would the best spot for a drop box
This might be true. We were on a beach in Manzanillo Mexico and had a long wooden table with an umbrella all to ourselves and we offered to share it with 2 guys and a little girl looking for a spot on the beach. It turned out that one was a sleeper team driver and the other was his nephew who was a pkg. car driver - both in CA. We talked about UPS all afternoon. I enjoyed it!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It's ok if we talk about work. If we were lawyers taking a cruise we'd talk about law, tec, etc. We'd still be on vacation and relaxing!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The only difference is that ours wouldn't be billable hours.
LOL How very true. But the principle still holds true, too. Mechanics talk about cars, Law enforcement talks about arrests, plumbers talk about the crap they have stepped in. LMAO We would still have a ball.

And we have many other common interests. Motorcycle, bicycles, favorite vacation spots, BEER!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
LOL How very true. But the principle still holds true, too. Mechanics talk about cars, Law enforcement talks about arrests, plumbers talk about the crap they have stepped in. LMAO We would still have a ball.

And we have many other common interests. Motorcycle, bicycles, favorite vacation spots, BEER!

Families, where we live, how we grew up, goals, etc etc:happy2:

DS

Fenderbender
I can just see two ups guys with their lounge chairs back to back communicating with each other via brown cafe when they could have talked directly to each other.
Ha Ha yea that would be funny...my wife and I play yahoo euchre when I'm in the living room and she's in the kitchen.
Honestly though stuggy,its a great idea,if we could get the date and time together,$500 between 20-30 people is a cheap va-ca.
If we cant do it this year,lets get organized early and do it for sure next summer.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Ha Ha yea that would be funny...my wife and I play yahoo euchre when I'm in the living room and she's in the kitchen.
Honestly though stuggy,its a great idea,if we could get the date and time together,$500 between 20-30 people is a cheap va-ca.
If we cant do it this year,lets get organized early and do it for sure next summer.

Next year sounds like the plan. This way we could accomodate more people. I started a new thread, so let's see how many bite.

Ms.PacMan

Just saw 7 day cruises advertised on yahoo for $460.00, is that a good price?

Best thing is to contact a cruise travel agent who does group cruises. Should be easy to find one in Florida. You can even contact a group cruise agent with the cruiseline directly for info. She/he would be able to tell you all the ins and outs.

Cruisecritic has a very active cruise forum and they have group cruises all the time. They just post all the info on the cruise and whoever wants to go contacts the travel agent in charge. Easy.

I know that group cruises only require a nominal pp deposit, $25 or $50 pp.

Why doesn't someone start a poll for the particulars? I like the idea or sailing out of Florida only because there are so many airports to fly into and low fare carriers that fly there. But Galveston is okay with me, too. May, June, Sept and Oct are the cheapest months for a cruise.

backinbrown

respect my authority
see if the ship will pull into Portland maine, PAIDOVERINMAINE and i will get on there.

are we talking get away from kids cruise or family cruise?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
DS, you know how to play euchre? Cool. We do too. Love to play that and hearts.