T

thisjobaintforeverybody

I can drive a stick, grandpa. I’ve got a class A CDL. You’re just mad because you can’t read the DIAD screen without a magnifying glass or your cheaters. Sorry they didn’t make the font adjustable size for you.

FYI he is a veteran like yourself!

feeder05

As a 30 year employee 16 in packages, I am embarrassed with how UPS has slackened appearance guidelines. Drivers with beards because of a doctors note. Tattoos that are visible to the public, and untucked shirts.

JackDR

Lol, a garbage man using big words! Get back with me in 26 years about making good on that bet.
Being a garbage man doesn’t make me unintelligent. Being a UPS driver takes about as much brains as a bathroom attendant. I probably know lots of big words you wouldn’t understand. If you’re alive in 26 years, I’ll be sure to come collect your... or my pension.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Thanks for serving. Sadly, UPS is a snail of a company, and I think it's going to get worse, maybe much worse, before anything gets better. A lot of good drivers will be retiring at my hub this year and a few are just waiting to see how the contract plays out. The only way they're replacing them is with over-eager, under-abled youngsters who only care about the number on the check at the end of the week and not the big picture. They will be pushovers and the company knows it.
Yes because I'm sure when you were a driver at age 23 all you cared about was your pension and healthcare.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I may be a millennial by age/birthyear but I bet could outwork you any day of the week. I’ve delivered beer for AB, picked up trash/recycling/yard waste for WM, and deliver packages now for good ol’ UPS. I also serve in the military. UPS is so stuck in doings things “the way they’ve always been done” which is a giant handicap. I’m not bitching about pay or benefits, simply things that SHOULD change, but never will if the questions not asked.
Welcome to UPS, the land of :censored2:ed. If you want a tip stop trying to make UPS better and accept the inevitable that nothing will change to make our jobs better or easier. I once was like you, would get upset over the smallest things that could be improved with a simple solution and then I found the answer IDGAF ideology. Seems to work no more stress and no more resentments.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I may be a millennial by age/birthyear but I bet could outwork you any day of the week.
This says everything we need to know. I bet you could out work me. But, let’s compare W2s at the end of the year. We can see who is wealthy and who is tired. You understand yet?

wide load

I understand it’s different work. UPS is way easier. In the aspect of route optimization for just the sake of a driving job, UPS’s system/algorithm needs much improvement.
Like easier than this?
26E552D6-9F23-4DA5-ACF8-8025F6F4426A.jpeg

wide load

Yes, exactly. Idk wtf you’re “WOW”-ing at. I’m a driver. I’ve driven for a decade & have more “route” & logistics/optimization experience than any of the on-road supervisors in my center. Having a good work history/ resumé and being hired off the street as a driver is not at all the same as putting an in-experienced on-road sup in charge of multiple drivers doing a job the sup has never done.

A pre-requisite for being an on-road supervisor should be at least one year of being a package delivery driver. Consider it the probationary period. Even driving a route 3-4 days/week and focusing on “managerial” tasks for the other 1-2 days would be a perfect first year to being an on-road sup.
So put your letter in.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Being a garbage man doesn’t make me unintelligent. Being a UPS driver takes about as much brains as a bathroom attendant. I probably know lots of big words you wouldn’t understand.

Tell us again why you wanted to work at ups?

Because he's so smart ?

I’ve watched many pre-loaders & insiders attempt to drive and fail. Even seen a few who made it, but couldn’t handle it and asked to go back to sorting/loading.

And working inside.... is sooo easy.

32244051_10156105701395196_1394848920672141312_n.jpg

-Bug-

JackDR

Military but wants a beard and doesn’t want to polish boots.....must be Air Force and still t!t fed.
Newsflash: UPS isn’t the military. Despite how much they try to assimilate with the standards. I’ve polished boots & shaved daily for the military. You’re probably bitter about me being Air Force because your ASVAB scores were only high enough to be a grunt eating crayons in the Army.