UPS Plans to Cut Non-Driver Jobs to Mitigate Union Labor Costs

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
okay we've had a steady uptick in OT for over a decade now, ORION had no meaningful impact to OT but what it did do was significantly increase SPORH and thus decrease staffing
Again spirh will increase anytime you put more residential stops on a car. Not hard to figure out. That is all that was done. Not to mention that business stops that once had 20 to 30 boxes a day. Are now only getting 5 to 8 boxes a day. That also increases sphor. But keep thinking it had something to do with a +billion dollar program.

dudebro

Again spirh will increase anytime you put more residential stops on a car. Not hard to figure out. That is all that was done. Not to mention that business stops that once had 20 to 30 boxes a day. Are now only getting 5 to 8 boxes a day. That also increases sphor. But keep thinking it had something to do with a +billion dollar program.
I would stop to consider your points carefully but going 0/2 in your attempts to correctly spell SPORH tends to undermine the credibility of your argument.

HarryWarden

If our company is making 20 billion per year then yes! I tell anyone that listens by all means become a ups driver then if you want my paycheck 🤷‍♂️
But for some reason companies like McDonald’s and walmart who make just as much profit, barely pay their workers a living wage, and that’s ok

But we’ll continue licking the corporate boot and picking up the rest with our taxpayers paying for food stamps

The literal purpose of a minimum wage is so everyone working can have a living wage

I mean, listen to what you’re saying. Someone working doesn’t deserve a living wage? Wtf
Minimum wage is a set low bar if you want a real job then you have to work your way up

Sure give me 50 bucks an hour and I'll walk at McDonald's instead of bust about friend* balls at UPS

HarryWarden

Minimum wage is a set low bar if you want a real job then you have to work your way up

Sure give me 50 bucks an hour and I'll walk at McDonald's instead of bust about friend* balls at UPS
What is a “real job”? And what should these people be doing to survive while they’re waiting for this “real job”?

“In my Inaugural I laid down the simple proposition that nobody is going to starve in this country. It seems to me to be equally plain that no business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country.”

By the way, here is a quote from FDR, the president who created the minimum wage

FromOffTheStreets

What is a “real job”? And what should these people be doing to survive while they’re waiting for this “real job”?

“In my Inaugural I laid down the simple proposition that nobody is going to starve in this country. It seems to me to be equally plain that no business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country.”

By the way, here is a quote from FDR, the president who created the minimum wage
"Living wages" can mean a lot of different things. Shared rent & Ramen noodles is all you need to "live." A bike maybe. You can get all that stuff for a thousand a month, easily. If that's all the effort you want to put in.
If you want more than that then you need to find different jobs & work your way up. It's def not a perfect system but it's better than being in a system where a wal mart greeter makes the same as a mechanic. No one would take the harder jobs in that system.

HarryWarden

"Living wages" can mean a lot of different things. Shared rent & Ramen noodles is all you need to "live." A bike maybe. You can get all that stuff for a thousand a month, easily. If that's all the effort you want to put in.
If you want more than that then you need to find different jobs & work your way up. It's def not a perfect system but it's better than being in a system where a wal mart greeter makes the same as a mechanic. No one would take the harder jobs in that system.
You’re paying for the difference regardless. When that person who is eating only ramen noodles and rides his bike gets sick and injured and can’t afford the hospital bill, guess whose picking up the tab? The taxpayers. When the ramen noodles isn’t cutting it, guess whose paying for food stamps. The tax payers

Walmart and McDonald’s are 2 of the largest employers with the most workers on government assistance. Meanwhile Walmart is making $100 billion in profit

But you’re more concerned about an honest working adult not making enough to live in his own apartment and have a decent meal, than you are with giant corporations raking in billions and paying less in taxes than you do

The average company in the 60s highest paid worker made about 10x as much as the lowest paid. Today it’s about 300x

PT Car Washer

But for some reason companies like McDonald’s and walmart who make just as much profit, barely pay their workers a living wage, and that’s ok

But we’ll continue licking the corporate boot and picking up the rest with our taxpayers paying for food stamps
The American tax payers end up subsidizing low wage jobs with rent and food assistance along with healthcare and tax credits. While corporations rake in the profits to pay CEO's millions of Dollars.

FromOffTheStreets

You’re paying for the difference regardless. When that person who is eating only ramen noodles and rides his bike gets sick and injured and can’t afford the hospital bill, guess whose picking up the tab? The taxpayers. When the ramen noodles isn’t cutting it, guess whose paying for food stamps. The tax payers

Walmart and McDonald’s are 2 of the largest employers with the most workers on government assistance. Meanwhile Walmart is making $100 billion in profit

But you’re more concerned about an honest working adult not making enough to live in his own apartment and have a decent meal, than you are with giant corporations raking in billions and paying less in taxes than you do

The average company in the 60s highest paid worker made about 10x as much as the lowest paid. Today it’s about 300x
Look, I'm anti corporatism as well. Absolutely hate the greed involved up there. But at the same time we see people in low end starter jobs that don't want to put in the extra work but want the extra pay.

PT Car Washer

Look, I'm anti corporatism as well. Absolutely hate the greed involved up there. But at the same time we see people in low end starter jobs that don't want to put in the extra work but want the extra pay.
You mean like UPS PT jobs where the harder you work the more work you get while being sent home earlier. And the manager gets a larger bonus. Sound fair to me.