UPS SANTA!!!

DS

Fenderbender
I hope it was authorized as UPS policy states...

"For reasons of security, personal safety, integrity, and privacy, UPS has firm business rules concerning employee usage of recording devices inside the workplace. The workplace refers to all UPS property, including buildings, aircraft and on-road vehicles."

"use of all recording devices in any UPS facility for anything other than authorized business purposes is prohibited. Employees may possess cell phones with cameras, or other devices capable of recording pictures,video or audio, while on UPS facilities provided that the recording capabilities are not used"

copyright 2011 United Parcel Service of America, Inc

Drivers and inside employees have been terminated for violating this policy no matter what their intent was.
Yo scrooge:peaceful:
This guy was on his break .
Now you've done it.You reminded ups about this clause and now our man
will probably be terminated.I doubt that.
This was not malicious of evil,and if anything,it creates a feeling of goodwill towards all ups customers.
Bring on the panel.

BrownArmy

Drivers and inside employees have been terminated for violating this policy no matter what their intent was.

You're the guy Jimmy Stewart OWNS in that '30's movie.

Get over yourself, Driver was on a scheduled break (didn't you watch the clip?).

If anything, this Driver is helping the brand.

Happy Holidays.

browned out

You're the guy Jimmy Stewart OWNS in that '30's movie.

Get over yourself, Driver was on a scheduled break (didn't you watch the clip?).

If anything, this Driver is helping the brand.

I don't agree with the policy but other employees have been terminated for violating it. The motives of the other inside employees and/or drivers may have been just as positive or well meaning in helping the brand and they still were terminated. Hopefully UPS will go back and pre-authorize Ken to record his little diddy. Whether he was on scheduled break or not is irrelevent. The break is paid so he still is on the clock. Even on an unpaid down lunch time; it is not allowed.

"Please be aware that this business rule has been, and remains, in place for all UPS employees" Copyright 2011 United Parcel Service of America, Inc

Please; moderator or someone who knows UPS policy let the BC members know that they can be terminated for such behavior if it is unauthorized. It needs to be clarified before a bunch of the men and women of UPS start making feel-good recordings with the belief that no discipline can result from violation of this UPS policy.

Scrooge will be UPS when you are terminated for violating this policy.

Happy Holidays.

BrownArmy

Ok.

I guess it's just like everything else at UPS, some people roll, and some people constantly get the hammer.

Hopefully this driver (who has now been outed on the internetz, full name and all) has a good relationship with his management team.

In either case, it makes no difference. Look for this driver in the next UPS rag that comes in the mail.

Nice for you to quote relevant doctrine, but the fact remains that the 'rules' are only applied when necessary, and in this case, it's not necessary.

Happy Holidays.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Ok.

I guess it's just like everything else at UPS, some people roll, and some people constantly get the hammer.

Hopefully this driver (who has now been outed on the internetz, full name and all) has a good relationship with his management team.

In either case, it makes no difference. Look for this driver in the next UPS rag that comes in the mail.

Nice for you to quote relevant doctrine, but the fact remains that the 'rules' are only applied when necessary, and in this case, it's not necessary.

Happy Holidays.

Great wisdom in your first sentence.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Some of you people are hopelessly naive. Does any hourly think this guy did anything wrong? Of course not. But that has never stopped management from being the real deal Scrooge. Never underestimate how vindictive these people can be. It all depends on the manager and if you're like or not. You people are aiming the anger at the wrong end. I guarantee if this driver was an hour over-allowed everyday, there would be a problem with his video.

browned out

Now every witty jokester, actor, comedian, songster, hipster, or american idol wannabe driver (90% of drivers; because they are :) )will think its ok to make a video while in the package car or on other UPS property.

It is not OK and employees have been and will be terminated for violating this clear cut UPS policy.

Point being....if you want to use a recording device on UPS property-----Ask your direct supervisor or manager to authorize it. Get it in writing or have them leave you a voice mail stating that it is approved.

Many a driver or inside employee thinks that they are indispensible to the company and that UPS would never fire them. All it takes is one district or regional manager or one UPS security or loss prevention person to decide that the employee did something that puts UPS proprietary information at stake, and the employee will be fired.

Shame on UPS and shame on the Brown Cafe for not telling other employees that this is against company policy. UPS should address this issue now. A posting on upsers.com, diad training, PCM, a compliance form (as most of us have been required to read and asked to sign for any and everything) or any other form of UPS media would inform employees of this policy.

Don't lose your livelyhood for something as simple as this...no matter how beneficial to UPS you think you video will be. Or that it is harmless and well meaning so UPS will not enforce discipline.

Once you have permission, go to town. Let your management team view it and deem it to be acceptable. The youtube driver is funny and his tune rings true. His major mistake was to believe that his disclaimer of doing it on break would appear to shield him (and future UPS youtube stars) from discipline.

Maybe he did receive permission from UPS to make the recording; then stated that he recorded it on break so the public knows we can not play around on company time.

Get written authorization before you use a recording device on UPS property.

Happy, Merry Peak

Cementups

Box Monkey
I posted this video to my Google+ account earlier today and within the first hour UPS (their social media team) had already seen it and responded saying "We love this video with UPS driver Ken Jones! :-)"

Seems they don't have a problem with it.

browned out

Alrighty then; Thats the holiday spirit. If the policy has now been changed to make recording on UPS property (including package cars) allowable. I guess that grants permission to UPS employees to make all kinds of videos that we think are harmless to UPS. Hopefully UPS will start a contest for the best on car video and the prize will be....????

If so; get those smart phones a filmin, the helper can be the smart phone recording device operator.

Make sure to mention holiday characters other than Santa; Mr Hanky aka the Xmas poo (A truely brown character) would make a Holiday classic. 'heeidy ho', those stops fell of the truck and practically delivered themselves like a paper route.

Grammarly1959

As a customer, I posted a comment on the Facebook UPS page, saying I saw this video and LOVED it. Whoever at UPS is running their Facebook page replied that they all liked it too, at UPS. :)

wayfair

swollen member
Alrighty then; Thats the holiday spirit. If the policy has now been changed to make recording on UPS property (including package cars) allowable. I guess that grants permission to UPS employees to make all kinds of videos that we think are harmless to UPS. Hopefully UPS will start a contest for the best on car video and the prize will be....????

If so; get those smart phones a filmin, the helper can be the smart phone recording device operator.

Make sure to mention holiday characters other than Santa; Mr Hanky aka the Xmas poo (A truely brown character) would make a Holiday classic. 'heeidy ho', those stops fell of the truck and practically delivered themselves like a paper route.

and your take on this????

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/hows-view-211867/

browned out

If you want to take a chance on losing your livelyhood; by all means, take pictures, video, etc and post it. It seems as the policy may have changed and UPS now endorses using recording devices. If so; we need a Jingle Bells, Frosty, Baby it's cold outside, Deck the Halls, etc, etc. Heres a partial rendition of the 12 days of Xmas. On the last day of peak UPS gave to me.. 12 UPS drivers a filmin, 11 UPS drivers terminated for a filmin, .....and a I can't believe they terminated me....

This is an example of what the termination or grievance form will state

'proof of pictures on his facebook website.....not recording any type of media while on UPS property' The use of cameras and taping devices is not allowed on UPS property to protect our proprietery information.

How's the view from the outside looking in. I don't agree with this policy but I adhere to it as many employees have been discharged for violating it.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
If you want to take a chance on losing your livelyhood; by all means, take pictures, video, etc and post it. It seems as the policy may have changed and UPS now endorses using recording devices. If so; we need a Jingle Bells, Frosty, Baby it's cold outside, Deck the Halls, etc, etc. Heres a partial rendition of the 12 days of Xmas. On the last day of peak UPS gave to me.. 12 UPS drivers a filmin, 11 UPS drivers terminated for a filmin, .....and a I can't believe they terminated me....

This is an example of what the termination or grievance form will state

'proof of pictures on his facebook website.....not recording any type of media while on UPS property' The use of cameras and taping devices is not allowed on UPS property to protect our proprietery information.

How's the view from the outside looking in. I don't agree with this policy but I adhere to it as many employees have been discharged for violating it.

dude, if UPS really wants to make someone gone, there are a million different things they can burn them on

just like the government, they make laws/policies that are so numerous, varied, and complex that NO ONE is ever in full compliance, the purpose of which is to keep final power solidly in the grasp of those who would maintain the status quo

the exact wording of any policy/law is nearly meaningless, what matters is whether The Man views you as hostile or friendly

this video is popular, and good publicity for UPS, and is thus unassailable in the real world

1325034420812.jpg
1325034420812.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

I looked under the "suspensions and discharges" section of the current contract and didn't see a darn thing about taking pictures on UPS property being a terminable offense.

I saw stuff about being drunk on duty, theft, provable dishonesty, unprovoked assault on fellow employees, recklessness resulting in serious accident, possession of drugs and wanton malicious damage to the Employers property...but not one word about taking pictures on UPS property.

I did see lots of stuff about "warning letters" and "progressive discipline" though.