ups socks

Overpaid Union Thug

I recently ordered socks and they have the embroidered logos again but only on one side of each sock. So now there is a "right sock" and "left sock." It's pretty cool I guess. I'm thinking enough drivers complained about the logos falling off so they decided to go with the embroidered logos again but decide on putting them on one side of each sock because it's cheapter. The only problem I've had so far is that my wife didn't realize that you couldn't mix and match the socks after washing and drying them. I went to put on sock the other day and she had paired some of the left socks with other left socks and vice versa. I just laughed.

old levi's

blank space
The only problem I've had so far is that my wife didn't realize that you couldn't mix and match the socks after washing and drying them. I went to put on sock the other day and she had paired some of the left socks with other left socks and vice versa. I just laughed.

Easy solution: Do your own laundry. If you want clean clothes at my house you had better be fully qualified on the washer and the dryer. And if you want something ironed, Guess what?

Overpaid Union Thug

Easy solution: Do your own laundry. If you want clean clothes at my house you had better be fully qualified on the washer and the dryer. And if you want something ironed, Guess what?

My wife let it be known very early that she wants to do the laundry. She wants to clean the apartment too. Occasionally she lets me help her but that is rare. We rent one of those steam cleaners for the carpet from Wal-Mart once every two months and she will hardly even let me use it. She works the weekend shift at her job and so she has 4 days off every week and I think she likes to do all the house work because she gets bored on her days off. It's usually all done while I'm at work. I feel lucky because I listen to other married guys complain that their wives won't do anything around the house. Mine insists on doing it all.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Hey,

If the contract says the company will maintain pants, make sure they maintain them, and don't let them try to make you look like an ass for standing up for your rights (no matter how ridiculous).

I push them to wash my pants for me purely out of principle, I may as well get my union dues worth.

And how do you become 'fully qualified' on pressing a few buttons, adding detergent, pressing "start", then putting those clothes into the dryer after you hear the ding? Does UPS offer that training? :D

downtowner

No need for UPS logo socks. Any black sock from a discount store will do , I just bought 6pr for $4
If you must have the logo socks, maybe you'd also like the logo briefs, I have several pair in UPS brown I'd sell.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
And how do you become 'fully qualified' on pressing a few buttons, adding detergent, pressing "start", then putting those clothes into the dryer after you hear the ding? Does UPS offer that training? :D
Oh great! Now there'll be more acronyms to remember, recite & explain.

1BrownClown

Doing my Time!
She works the weekend shift at her job and so she has 4 days off every week and I think she likes to do all the house work because she gets bored on her days off. It's usually all done while I'm at work. I feel lucky because I listen to other married guys complain that their wives won't do anything around the house. Mine insists on doing it all.

Does she have a twin? :thumbup1:

hoser

Industrial Slob
Oh great! Now there'll be more acronyms to remember, recite & explain.
:ohmy:Well guys, get crackin'. Your family relies on this to keep food on their table :crying:

Take it
Home
Integrate the laundry
Seperate loads

Inside out
Sparingly add...

Bleach if neccessary
Use detergent
Look at the Label
Load it in

Sit around
Honor thy washer ding
Inspect for soap stains
Tumble dry

Can I be an Industrial Engineering manager now?

I just got my socks in yesterday.. As someone stated above, the ones on clearance at cintas have the logos glued on..

A little side not, the cintas website has no conversion chart for sock size that I could find.. I ordered Large thinking that they couldnt be that big.. I wear size 11 shoes, these socks are huge!! Large is for size 13-16, I dont know the conversion on medium or small..

I wont be wearing my socks anytime soon however, I have to wear the light brown polo, and it just doesnt look right with the shorts.

outamyway

Just got mine today at work. I ordered 6 pairs of medium acrylic (55%acrylic 35%cotton 10% nylon) and the UPS logo is sewn on. The logo is only on one side though. The total was $32.87 including shipping, still a lot for socks but at least I don't have to worry about the logo falling off. I only have to worry about holes.

hoser

Industrial Slob
thanks for the compliments everyone. it was done out of having a lot of spare time.

i'm curious if you're still able to buy the ankle socks? i'd like to have these because i normally wear a low shoe, and it's a better look rather than with the knee socks. we just buy ours through the center manager and he has no clue.

dimte

Hey. my girlfriend wants more than anything a pair of knee-high ups socks for her birthday. i worked a preload gig for close to a year, a few years ago, but never purchased any of the threads. i have noticed from the forum that they are a little less than easy to come by...but if anyone comes across a pair of
brown knee-high ups embroidered socks i would love to buy them off you. they don't nessesarily have to be brand new, but i love my girl and would like to give her a gift in reasonable condition. muchas gracias, Rich

............by the way, the new harry potter flick (order of the phoenix) rocks!.

BigBrownSanta

I ordered new socks at the beginning of this year and the logo on one pair came off after the first wash.

After realizing they were just glued on, I decided that I would sew velcro on the backs of each logo as they fall off and then buy plain brown socks from walmart or somewhere's else from now on.

These logo patches should last my whole career. No more $7 socks for me!!!

Ahawk

Hey guys. First post. Woo Hoo.

Geez we get threatened with a warning letter for not wearing the logo socks with shorts. Any one else???

hoser

Industrial Slob
Hey. my girlfriend wants more than anything a pair of knee-high ups socks for her birthday. i worked a preload gig for close to a year, a few years ago, but never purchased any of the threads. i have noticed from the forum that they are a little less than easy to come by...but if anyone comes across a pair of
brown knee-high ups embroidered socks i would love to buy them off you. they don't nessesarily have to be brand new, but i love my girl and would like to give her a gift in reasonable condition. muchas gracias, Rich

............by the way, the new harry potter flick (order of the phoenix) rocks!.
what kind of weird freaking fetish are you trying to get your woman on to? :confused:1