UPS Sorter and School

Crissco

I just got hired as a UPS sorter yesterday. Want to know if after a year with the benefits with they pay for school or if thats only for supervisors?

kdogg788

Wow that's rare. At the hub I'm at they make you go through your training period and then you have to pass a test to sort or pickoff, ensuring that you know the process and where everything goes, and also to see if you'll be able to hang.

-k

Robert91

I'm unsure how it works for management employees, but I know that for part-time union employees can take advantage of the Earn and Learn Program as soon as they are employed. Keep in mind you will only receive your reimbursement check if your still employed when you submit your grades. However, the program is only offered at certain locations, you can check with your HR rep to verify if your location offers it. You could also search for your center/hub in the Earn and Learn Locations. Also, if your not familiar with it, you can recieve a maximum of $3000 per year; there a is a lifetime cap of $15000. I hope everything goes well for you.

Every Hub around us is able this program but ours for hrly employees, I was told by the company that we don't have a high enough turn over rate to use it as an incentive to try and keep people. THIS IS DISCRIMANATION AT ITS BEST.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Every Hub around us is able this program but ours for hrly employees, I was told by the company that we don't have a high enough turn over rate to use it as an incentive to try and keep people. THIS IS DISCRIMANATION AT ITS BEST.
Life discriminates against stupid people, not UPS.