UPS strike

FedupExpress

Apparently I was told the only thing that would break the hiring freeze would be strike next month.

I don't see ups striking, what do you think?

My buddy is 20 yr driver for ups, he doesn't think it will happen either

Lates

Apparently I was told the only thing that would break the hiring freeze would be strike next month.

I don't see ups striking, what do you think?

My buddy is 20 yr driver for ups, he doesn't think it will happen either
By the time they got them hired and trained the strike would probably be over.

Serf

No one has any balls anymore, whatsoever. Men won’t strike. They have truck payments, and season tickets to pay for. Speaking for my station, if a strike did happen, we would implode.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
No one has any balls anymore, whatsoever. Men won’t strike. They have truck payments, and season tickets to pay for. Speaking for my station, if a strike did happen, we would implode.
Try us. FAAFO.
Buster_gonad_viz_comic.jpg

bacha29

I didn't until today.
Yesterday, the IBT walked out of contract negotiations stating that a strike was "imminent" . Now O'Brien ever since he was elected president told his membership time and time again to get their affairs in order and plan for a strike in 2023. His power as national president is only as strong as his members have economically prepared themselves for a long term strike.

What percentage of his membership have done that? I'd say....perhaps....one out of four.

The majority of the rest will continue to treat their big checks and benefits like they're birthrights rather than to confront head on the growing threat to the security of those paychecks and benefits.

Your station? Oh, you can't strike anyway, you guys didn't even have the balls to bring in the union.

Yesterday, the IBT walked out of contract negotiations stating that a strike was "imminent" . Now O'Brien ever since he was elected president told his membership time and time again to get their affairs in order and plan for a strike in 2023. His power as national president is only as strong as his members have economically prepared themselves for a long term strike.

What percentage of his membership have done that? I'd say....perhaps....one out of four.

The majority of the rest will continue to treat their big checks and benefits like they're birthrights rather than to confront head on the growing threat to the security of those paychecks and benefits.
One out of four? You're giving a lot of people a lot of credit. I'd say less than half that.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

So far, UPS management has already agreed to AC in the trucks and more FT work. Looks like Telematics might get dialed back. IDK. The Brownies have the inside scoop.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One out of four may be on the high side.

Just had a UPS driver making a delivery to my neighbor. I handed him a bottle of water and asked him if they were going to walk. He echoed your "imminent" statement.

I personally don't think they will walk.