Ups testing delivering ground on saturdays

ITwannabe

Make $35/hr for being a package delivery driver or placing your family first. You decide. I do both and work 6 days a week.
Some people must have higher standards for their families. I don't know how you make your family wait to eat dinner at 8pm every night. No reason any driver should work past 6-6:30 unless they want to.

Last edited:
Some people must have higher standards for their families. I don't know how you make your family wait to eat dinner at 8pm every night. No reason any driver should work past 6-6:30 unless they want to.
You forget that I have worked PT for the last 38 years plus Army National Guard for 22 years plus whatever other jobs I hook up with. My primary job is to care for my family and I can say I have done that.

ITwannabe

Did you not know that this wasn't a 9-5 job when you took it?
Yes I did know. Long hours/ working the holidays etc. Working till 6:30 even 7 isn't that bad. But with how many routes our center has been cutting everyone is working till 7:30-8. There is no need for it. The bold saying is take care of your tools and your tools will take care of you. Drivers are the tools of UPS. Then the union screwed drivers under 4 years because they can't file 9.5. I work to live...not live to work.

ITwannabe

You forget that I have worked PT for the last 38 years plus Army National Guard for 22 years plus whatever other jobs I hook up with. My primary job is to care for my family and I can say I have done that.
I wasn't trying to direct that comment at you specifically. I'm just saying different people ha e different priorities/standards of what a good family life is you know?

Yes I did know. Long hours/ working the holidays etc. Working till 6:30 even 7 isn't that bad. But with how many routes our center has been cutting everyone is working till 7:30-8. There is no need for it. The bold saying is take care of your tools and your tools will take care of you. Drivers are the tools of UPS. Then the union screwed drivers under 4 years because they can't file 9.5. I work to live...not live to work.
My son would echo your feelings as he just started driving FT this summer. My FT center managers response would be "don't like your job, quit".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm sure that he doesn't make his family wait to eat, especially is he has younger children. They eat without him and he warms up his meal when he gets home.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sounds like around 26 routes going to be going out in Roswell, starting Sept 3. Think Marietta, in the same building, is doing 23ish.

BBQ pork

Sounds like around 26 routes going to be going out in Roswell, starting Sept 3. Think Marietta, in the same building, is doing 23ish.
Hope they hurry up and start. Was told mid august t-s starts. Just got hired on as full time driver and very anxious to start! They keep telling me next week, week after week

opie

In my building they recently posted sign-up sheets for those who want to work Tuesday to Saturday. So far nobody has signed. And I don't expect anyone will.