Ups testing delivering ground on saturdays

Foamer Pyle

Nope. I sincerely believe that the language should be changed to take care of both the milkers and the runners.
You cannot trust the dispatch numbers because UPS controls the time allowances. Playing by their numbers is like trying to win a game of poker that is rigged. Like Trump says "The system is rigged." Crooked UPS!

Foamer Pyle

The system was not rigged as bad, back in the day when we were on paper. Since then, they have continued to strip time away from us. The Cod allowance is ridiculous. I thought the 3 minutes they used to give us was crazy. Those were the days, no cell phones, or tracking devices on the car. In the summer you could leave the bulk head door open, and no one gave a crap. Just use common sense when you were at a strip plaza, and close the door then, or at any business for that matter. Oh well, those days are long gone.

The system was not rigged as bad, back in the day when we were on paper. Since then, they have continued to strip time away from us. The Cod allowance is ridiculous. I thought the 3 minutes they used to give us was crazy. Those were the days, no cell phones, or tracking devices on the car. In the summer you could leave the bulk head door open, and no one gave a crap. Just use common sense when you were at a strip plaza, and close the door then, or at any business for that matter. Oh well, those days are long gone.
Yes Sir

Overpaid Union Thug

This next contract will be very important that we stick together, and not just let something get rammed down our throat. There needs to be some strong language for the excessive overtime, not the weak 9.5 language we have now. The union made it sound like the 9.5 language was better in our current contract, and was the same old garbage. Do away with the 9.5 list, and just start automatic Triple time at 9.5 hours. Maybe that will lighten things up.
I'd be happy with not having to file without penalty first just to get on the 9.5 list. We should be able to put ourselves on the list without grieving and the penalty should apply the first time we file on going over.

At my building you have to be thru the 4 year progression before you can have the 9.5 hour protection. You can imagine how the new drivers are abused for their first 4 years.

Foamer Pyle

I'd be happy with not having to file without penalty first just to get on the 9.5 list. We should be able to put ourselves on the list without grieving and the penalty should apply the first time we file on going over.
I agree, and the pamphlets the union was handing out before we voted, said that's how it was going to be. Get paid on the first violation.

govols019

You smell that?
If you're worked over 9.5 more than two days in a week you have the right to place your name on the 9.5 list....no filing of a grievance necessary.

Foamer Pyle

If you're worked over 9.5 more than two days in a week you have the right to place your name on the 9.5 list....no filing of a grievance necessary.
They are real good at screwing you hard two days, and then dispatching you very close to 9.5 the rest of the week. That's when you have to drop it down a notch, especially in this heat.

Overpaid Union Thug

In Whites Creek....uh....I mean....."Local" 480 we have to file a grievance to get on the list and don't get penalty pay until the second week we are worked over 9.5 more than two days. I know that's not what the contract says but that's how the company AND local are operating.

govols019

You smell that?
Not how it works here and we're in the same Local.

Luckily for me, I haven't spent three days in package in week this year. My feeder supervisor always finds me something to do to keep me out of package.

Overpaid Union Thug

Not how it works here and we're in the same Local.

Luckily for me, I haven't spent three days in package in week this year. My feeder supervisor always finds me something to do to keep me out of package.
Well I can assure you that that's the way it works here. It caught us all by surprise too because it's definitely not in the contract. It says nothing about having to file in order to get on the list. I'm not sure if it's just our building though. It should be the same for all. It might just be yet another example of the local and company's apparent desire to screw my particular building over.

Holydriver

Contract allows this I guess only if it's in testing phase. Looks like a lot of people are going to be working saturdays. Also maybe phasing out the air driver postion on the weekend. Comments welcome.
who cares? isnt getting paid by the hour what you all are all about?!?!?!

supaalex

any updates?

couple things i've heard.
- driver heard from a driver in Anaheim, ca they are going out with 35 stops. but didnt get details hours worked
- saturday drivers will be eliminated, current drivers now can go full-time or cover if have enough seniority
- cover drivers will work m-friend and bottom 15 drivers from bottom up (even if you have a route) will be forced to come in saturday if no one volunteers.
- overheard one of my coworkers mentioning something about if you became a driver before 2011 or 2008, cant remeber, they cant make you come in
- sept going to start saturdays, college football:disgusted:

couple thoughts.
- can we schedule vacation saturdays now if they force us to come in?
- what if we have say for example, church sundays, volunteer work, etc etc, will ups fire you if you cant make it they expect you to change your schrdule youve had last 12 years?
- i thought cover drivers cover routes and how exactly would they be able to work a prefered m-friend schedule and the union agreeing.

ITwannabe

So let me get this straight just so I understand you. If they come to me and they say "Your route is now Tuesday thru Saturday. Do you want it?" I say no way in :censored3:Then it's re-bid. Is that correct? I agree to work T-S, I keep it.

I don't even see how they can do that in my local. No way in :censored3:am I agreeing to work T-S. But I'm also not agreeing to give my route up. I just don't see it. Again, in a local where routes are re-bid yearly I can see it. Not where I am.

I can only see them creating new routes that are specific to Saturday. Most routes if not all routes have some business on them. So are they just going to screw buisnesses on those routes on Mondays? My guess is the routes will be the same Tuesday Through Friday and then on Saturday you will have a bunch of residential cuts and maybe some business that would be open on Satuday.

I can only see them creating new routes that are specific to Saturday. Most routes if not all routes have some business on them. So are they just going to screw buisnesses on those routes on Mondays? My guess is the routes will be the same Tuesday Through Friday and then on Saturday you will have a bunch of residential cuts and maybe some business that would be open on Satuday.
My guess is Saturday Ground will be a premium service just like Saturday Air. Run your air stops and then go back and run ground. 23:59 commit time for ground packages.