UPS VOTE NO or Yes? Whatever you do, do you due diligence.

Dollar Chasing

With numbers that bad what good is only 25% of the drivers being lower paid going to do.
...but only “up to 25%” of RPCDs in any individual center will be 22.4s. So, likely 6-8% of total driver workforce even after full implementation. This “25% of drivers” number is a scare tactic, and it’s just bad math with no facts to back it up.

F

Frankie's Friend

UPS is the 3rd largest employer in America, ranked 44th in the Forbes 500, yet our CEO isn't even in the top 100 as far as CEO's pay is concerned, and that includes his other forms of compensation.
Your avatar sucks and should be removed.
Screenshot_20180814-232505_Chrome.jpg

BrownRecycler

...but only “up to 25%” of RPCDs in any individual center will be 22.4s. So, likely 6-8% of total driver workforce even after full implementation. This “25% of drivers” number is a scare tactic, and it’s just bad math with no facts to back it up.

I was thinking amputee driver counts? I am not judging. LOL

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy

If UPS can have 25% of its driver workforce lower paid why would they stop at 6-8%.
They will get to 25% as quick as possible and it will be a headache trying to track the protected RPCD jobs to make sure they do not go above 25%.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You mean the one from 2013 they have posted?

You need to read your supplement, and file a grievance.

"Center seniority lists, by date of hire, shall be posted on the center bulletin board, by the Employer, and shall be revised and updated quarterly. Copies of all posted lists shall be sent to the local union involved."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

In the Central Region, they are contractually required to update them quarterly.

It baffles me.... how uninformed the members really are.

-Bug-

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
You need to read your supplement, and file a grievance.

"Center seniority lists, by date of hire, shall be posted on the center bulletin board, by the Employer, and shall be revised and updated quarterly. Copies of all posted lists shall be sent to the local union involved."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

In the Central Region, they are contractually required to update them quarterly.

It baffles me.... how uninformed the members really are.

-Bug-

Filed several times. Local not interested in the fight.
They are also to be mailed to the local. I have had difficultly even getting them there.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I still cannot believe a local union pays someone to put out pro company propaganda. It’s sickening!

Seems like that local is on the company’s side.

@wide load

With her educational qualifications, what I see is a statistical analysis of empirical data.

Being she was employed by the IBT for ten years, I don't see any conflict of interest or

that she is acting on the companies behalf. The IBT doesn't go into negotiations with UPS

just relying on the Union committee to take UPS's word on everything. They employ a

battery of Lawyers, Actuaries, and Financial Analyst to advise them.

Just as an example, in dealing with "white paper" contracts.... it's a common occurrence

to have to go in to "fact finding" when negotiations stall, to flesh out remaining issues.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Filed several times. Local not interested in the fight.
They are also to be mailed to the local. I have had difficultly even getting them there.

If your supplement requires it and the Local doesn't pursue it....

You need to file NLRB charges.

Uninformed?

Yep.

The majority of the membership is.

How many of your co-workers would need google maps, to find the Union Hall ?

How many members of your Local went to the contract review meeting ?

Maybe underrepresented.

That's a subjective statement.

When people aren't told what they want to hear.... their first verbalization is that.

I'm reminded of the adage of "walk a mile in my shoes....".

I've seen elected officials resign within the first 6 months of their term, because they

severely underestimated the responsibility's of the job. Some people can't handle the

constant negativity of listening to members complain everyday. (usually the same ones)

-Bug-

Tony Q

Since the negotiating committee will be majorly revamped, I seriously doubt that is going to happen. Maybe Tony Q’s friends that are obviously sympathetic with the company can create a few more “don’t break the golden goose” videos. I still cannot believe a local union pays someone to put out pro company propaganda. It’s sickening!
You are a truly disgusting person and member. You go from one side to the other like a cheap hooker. You went from being a Hofficer to a Teamsters United hooker. I consider you worse than TDU. All the best to you, and I really am very happy for the members of local 251 because they truly voted out the pro hoffa people and when you ran against them as a office they overwhelming voted to keep you out as well. Best of lock to you.