Uber to begin doing your pickups. Delivery next?

Zowert

At $3-5, an Uber driver won't take a request like that. It's not worth their time.
Yeah they make more money shuttling people to and from the airport.

You’re better off scheduling an on-demand pick up at UPS, rather than handing your family heirloom off to some immigrant in a leased vehicle.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
As my BA told me several months ago when i brought this to his attention, the customer can hire whoever they want to pickup their package at their house and bring it anywhere they want. Its not UPS' work until it enters their system.
Uber thinks it wants this liability, it doesnt.

Over70irregs

As my BA told me several months ago when i brought this to his attention, the customer can hire whoever they want to pickup their package at their house and bring it anywhere they want. Its not UPS' work until it enters their system.
Ok delivery shelf 1-4 it is then.

Faceplanted

When a package gets dropped off at the ups store, it’s technically not in our system. The ups store is a franchise/contractor

Same with pak n ship stores ect

Following your BA’s logic, Uber drivers can pick up ups stores and drop them off at a real UPS facility to enter the ups system, and this is not a contract violation.

Brown Down

When a package gets dropped off at the ups store, it’s technically not in our system. The ups store is a franchise/contractor

Same with pak n ship stores ect

Following your BA’s logic, Uber drivers can pick up ups stores and drop them off at a real UPS facility to enter the ups system, and this is not a contract violation.
Except the ups stores have a contract with ups that probably deals with something Ike that. So while it's not in our system yet and break our union contract it would break the ups stores/ups contract.

Faceplanted

Except the ups stores have a contract with ups that probably deals with something Ike that. So while it's not in our system yet and break our union contract it would break the ups stores/ups contract.
What about a pak n ship?

What is to stop ups from offering customers a few dollar shipping credit per box, if they are willing to drop off their packages at a centralized location, where “Uber” vans/trucks can than take the packages to a ups facility?

PT Car Washer

What about a pak n ship?

What is to stop ups from offering customers a few dollar shipping credit per box, if they are willing to drop off their packages at a centralized location, where “Uber” vans/trucks can than take the packages to a ups facility?
Do customers get a price break when they bring their packages to the customer counter?

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Uber is trying anything it can to generate revenue since the pandemic ended. They are asking for a headache they deserve. People who use their service must realize you get what you pay for, and at 3 to 5 dollars it won't be much.

Actually, I can see an Uber driving doing this. Not pick up a package and drive it directly to the UPS facility. But pick them up over the course of a day, or two, and then drop them all off at once. Or even drop them off at the UPS Store or a pack and ship (who will gladly take them and scan them for payback from UPS) when they drive by one. Maybe even with a breathing customer in the back seat if they think they can get away with it.

Uber driver tries to hand UPS driver on side of road a package….no sir, call to schedule up or drop off yourself
Probably won't happen anyway. The article said the customer could track their package on the Uber app (I assume means they can see where the Uber driver is when s/he has it in possession) and they will get a photo of the receipt when it has been delivered. Drivers don't give receipts (AFAIK) whereas the UPS store, pack and ships, and CC do.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
It’ll probably just be for on demands and returns more than likely.

That poor Uber driver out there who might have a cologuard box open up in their car.