UPSers and Faith

tourists24

Matthew 7:7 sez: Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

You too can have it all, can have the good life. No worries, no troubles, no grief.

Say, if Jesus words are true, why are there poor christians, sick christians, dying christians, especially young dying christians? With 1/3 of the planet of the christian faith, why does the world suck so bad?
because you view the world that way

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm not sure I follow you. I believe Christianity holds up to questioning. I'm just surprized that Wk questions at such a superficial level. I would expect more depth.

I was referring to wkmac's post.

When someone is so sure they are right, they show their ignorance the most.

I don't know if he was replying tongue-in-cheek but this is the smugness with which atheists usually reply because they are so sure they are right.

Not picking on wkmac but his post was a perfect example.

wkmac

How is it that you are obviously very intelligent and yet ask questions of faith that woul readily come from a 12 year old confirmation student?

I guess you think that post #90 is completely serious too?

Or for that matter, that this thread is?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Say, if Jesus words are true, why are there poor christians, sick christians, dying christians, especially young dying christians? With 1/3 of the planet of the christian faith, why does the world suck so bad?

Because there cant be good without evil, there cant be joy without pain, there cant be light without darkness, and there cant be life without death. Its the best explanation I have ever heard for why there is suffering in the world....and I heard it from George Burns in "Oh God,Book II".

Indecisi0n

Because there cant be good without evil, there cant be joy without pain, there cant be light without darkness, and there cant be life without death. Its the best explanation I have ever heard for why there is suffering in the world....and I heard it from George Burns in "Oh God,Book II".

the-simpsons-mr-burns-excel1.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I guess you think that post #90 is completely serious too?

Or for that matter, that this thread is?

I started to move this thread to Current Events for that very reason but I thought I would move it to "Life after Brown" so that it might not deteriorate to the senseless type of bashing posts that occur in "Current Events".
It looks as if that was not successful.

Carry on.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I started to move this thread to Current Events for that very reason but I thought I would move it to "Life after Brown" so that it might not deteriorate to the senseless type of bashing posts that occur in "Current Events".

Carry on.
Hoaxster,

If individuals who came to a discussion thread would respond to the thread with respectful, courteous and on topic discussion then discussion threads would not deteriote as much as is the tendency on the Brown Cafe.

Too often the inflammatory, sarcastic, insulting replies are what derail a discussion into the senseless drival often found coming from some of the dominant personalities on the Brown Cafe.

I think the moderators on the Brown Cafe could do a better job with moderating the discussion towards a more meaningful and beneficial dialogue for all concerned.

I think this is particularly critical for topics as important as UPSers and their faith in their work day.

Unfortunately, it seems that some of the moderators on the Brown Cafe would have to work at changing a little if these ends are ever going to be met.

I mean no disrespect to anyone and I appreciate all efforts that make the Brown Cafe possible.

Sincerely,
I

moreluck

golden ticket member
Give God what's right... not what's left.

Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

SEEN ON A CHURCH BULLETIN BOARD:
WARNING: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxster,

If individuals who came to a discussion thread would respond to the thread with respectful, courteous and on topic discussion then discussion threads would not deteriorate as much as is the tendency on the Brown Cafe.

Too often the inflammatory, sarcastic, insulting replies are what derail a discussion into the senseless drival often found coming from some of the dominant personalities on the Brown Cafe.

I think the moderators on the Brown Cafe could do a better job with moderating the discussion towards a more meaningful and beneficial dialogue for all concerned.

I think this is particularly critical for topics as important as UPSers and their faith in their work day.

Unfortunately, it seems that some of the moderators on the Brown Cafe would have to work at changing a little if these ends are ever going to be met.

I mean no disrespect to anyone and I appreciate all efforts that make the Brown Cafe possible.

Sincerely,
I

I will not speak for the rest of the Mods here but I will speak for myself.
We do not try to form or control the threads or posts here on Brown Cafe.
We work to ensure that the TOS is complied with.

In regards to sarcasm and insulting replies, these are legitimate forms of communication to what someone posts, as long as they are responding to what is posted and not to the persona that is doing the posting. In my opinion, your replies, while "respectful, courteous and on topic" are sarcastic and inflammatory and insulting in nature and that is why members respond to you the way they do. This insincere way of replying to posts is actually part of the reply even though not typed out explicitly.

In regards to your threads, you actually are trying to create controversy and invite insults. You understand that and it is part of your persona's shtick.
In fact I find this post "tongue in cheek" bordering on sarcasm and I appreciate the wit in that approach although quite transparent.

If you want to control how members reply to posts, I suggest you start your own site ... I think most members would support that idea.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Hoaxster,

If individuals who came to a discussion thread would respond to the thread with respectful, courteous and on topic discussion then discussion threads would not deteriote as much as is the tendency on the Brown Cafe.

Sincerely,
I

From the Brown Cafe Terms of Service:

Our staff does not review all of the content posted here. We rely on the members to report inappropriate content so that it can be reviewed by the moderators and appropriate action taken when necessary. Content will not be deleted or altered for the purpose of distorting the pattern of opinion in any given discussion. The sole purpose of content editing or deletion is to remove inappropriate content and enforce these Terms of Service and House Rules. Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the public forum. If you have any concerns or questions about a staff decision, please take it up in private with a member of the site administration team.

P

pickup

Carry on.

You should have merged it with the "whose god is better, yours or mine?" thread that I started a while back,... umm, I mean that you started.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Hoaxster,

Sincerely,
I

To all:

I would like to apologize for the above post.

I should have kept this opinion to myself or handled it privately.

Please forgive me for sharing this on the public forum.

A special thanks to all who make the Brown Cafe possible.

Sincerely,
I