Upset courier

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How about, instead of these stupid steps and games FedEx is playing, everyone tops out in a reasonable amount of time??? Even if the 10 step plan took 10 years (anyone with half a brain knows it won't be 10 years), ten years is still a ridiculous amount of time to hit top rate.
Because that would make too much sense and take money from the shareholders' and executives pockets.

SmithBarney

I'm curious if anyone has called their HR rep here, their scripted responses to questions and feedback are quite entertaining.

Actually I would suggest this, especially for "mid" range employees that will now become bottom range employees.. my Senior said there is a lot of upset chatter with the response to the raises, make your voices heard, slam HR with calls, will it do anything? probably not. Will anything happen if you don't voice your opinion, absolutely not. Be civil, express your self, and be honest. Maybe if there is enough unrest...

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
image.png
Winner. Winner. Chicken dinner!

Yomama11

Wage and pay discrimination must stop...all companies are doing it...it's unacceptable..2 year employees in no way shape or format should make the same as a 10 year employee..the way to fix this is to a fule a class action suit.talking on forums doesn't fix anything....it takes all the mid level employees to come forward and the issue can be fixed...I'm still laughing that my 11 years of service is only deserving of step 2...a guy with 18 years is at step 7..and employee with 2 years are step 1...drop the mic...it's not right and someone has to speak up or we continue to be treated equally

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Wage and pay discrimination must stop...all companies are doing it...it's unacceptable..2 year employees in no way shape or format should make the same as a 10 year employee..the way to fix this is to a fule a class action suit.talking on forums doesn't fix anything....it takes all the mid level employees to come forward and the issue can be fixed...I'm still laughing that my 11 years of service is only deserving of step 2...a guy with 18 years is at step 7..and employee with 2 years are step 1...drop the mic...it's not right and someone has to speak up or we continue to be treated equally
Im no labor lawyer, but I would bet that there is nothing illegal about it. Unethical maybe, but not illegal.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Actually I would suggest this, especially for "mid" range employees that will now become bottom range employees.. my Senior said there is a lot of upset chatter with the response to the raises, make your voices heard, slam HR with calls, will it do anything? probably not. Will anything happen if you don't voice your opinion, absolutely not. Be civil, express your self, and be honest. Maybe if there is enough unrest...

There's only one true cure...a union.

dezguy

2 year employees in no way shape or format should make the same as a 10 year employee..
Why not? We all do the same job, therefore should make the same wage. No way top out should be practically unreachable. All employees should be top of range by year 3, 4 at the max.

Yomama11

Why not? We all do the same job, therefore should make the same wage. No way top out should be practically unreachable. All employees should be top of range by year 3, 4 at the max.
Very true but more realistic should be 7 years to top out...3 years is way to quick in this age to top out from $17 to 26....fedex has taken care of the issue of topping out and how long to some degreee (10 step progression) but failed to take care of people who've worked 6-13 years...brand new off the the street a courier in 10 years *if step progression doesn't change will top out...those employees with 6-13 will top out on average of a total of 14-20 years...just crazy

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Very true but more realistic should be 7 years to top out...3 years is way to quick in this age to top out from $17 to 26....fedex has taken care of the issue of topping out and how long to some degreee (10 step progression) but failed to take care of people who've worked 6-13 years...brand new off the the street a courier in 10 years *if step progression doesn't change will top out...those employees with 6-13 will top out on average of a total of 14-20 years...just crazy
I agree with D. By the time someone has worked here 3-4 years they pretty much know the job. Why shouldn't they be topped out? They're both doing the same thing.

Yomama11

Got to earn your stripes...people with 10 years have gone thru the struggle of 2% raises so why would fedrx want to award someone new off the street with all the money they haven't worked long enough for...this is what's wrong with the new hire..they greedy and think 2 years is long enough to top out..it'd taken other drivers 20 years.do the time as others have...same job is irrelevant...do the same amount of years others have done before you..go through a recession when fedex didn't give a raise out for 18 months.stop taking 11 yours to do a 7 hour route...talking bout 2 years to make $30...what drug are you smoking..

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Got to earn your stripes...people with 10 years have gone thru the struggle of 2% raises so why would fedrx want to award someone new off the street with all the money they haven't worked long enough for...this is what's wrong with the new hire..they greedy and think 2 years is long enough to top out..it'd taken other drivers 20 years.do the time as others have...same job is irrelevant...do the same amount of years others have done before you..go through a recession when fedex didn't give a raise out for 18 months.stop taking 11 yours to do a 7 hour route...talking bout 2 years to make $30...what drug are you smoking..
Who are you talking to? If you hit "reply" under a post everyone knows.