Valentine's Day

margaritaville

Im low senority full-time and have a two week vacation coming up where my plane leaves saturday and i dropped 3k on it already. Slightly nervous about this bottoms up thing. Because technically my vacation starts sunday in terms of UPS. Hopefully ill be ok.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Im low senority full-time and have a two week vacation coming up where my plane leaves saturday and i dropped 3k on it already. Slightly nervous about this bottoms up thing. Because technically my vacation starts sunday in terms of UPS. Hopefully ill be ok.
Just say you're sick and cant work. Nothing they can do about it

BUCN85

Yea. It's just a call off. Big deal people do it everyday. As long as your not one who excessively calls off big whoop. They may try to tell me "well it's going to be marked down a call off". Oh well. Only called off once last year. I'll be fine

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Delivered eight parcels from ProFlowers yesterday. With a high temperature of 10 degrees, I'm pretty sure they were frozen solid and trashed.
Told a couple consignees it's the thought that counts!

a911scanner

Delivered eight parcels from ProFlowers yesterday. With a high temperature of 10 degrees, I'm pretty sure they were frozen solid and trashed.

I hear ya'. To top it off, today's temp at start time was -3 below here. You suppose some of those flowers & chocolates will be frozen today if the consignee isn't home or awake yet?

rod

Retired 22 years

I used to love delivering oranges and grapefruit from Florida during the winter. I always told the consignee that their croquet balls were here.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If they cost more does that make them better? Probably all came off the same plane
Nah, paying more definitely doesn't make them any better, but with things like Valentines day the execution matters. For example getting flowers at work so co-workers can see them vs getting them delivered to the home. Just a nuance, but it can get you more points with the spousal units. Same deal with getting a DR'd cardboard box of flowers left outside in the freezing cold on her snow-coated front steps for 6 hours while she's at work. Just execution.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Nah, paying more definitely doesn't make them any better, but with things like Valentines day the execution matters. For example getting flowers at work so co-workers can see them vs getting them delivered to the home. Just a nuance, but it can get you more points with the spousal units. Same deal with getting a DR'd cardboard box of flowers left outside in the freezing cold on her snow-coated front steps for 6 hours while she's at work. Just execution.
With proper year round execution you can render Valentine's Day obsolete. Mine expects nothing and I don't disappoint.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't think women care one way or the other about getting flowers at home. They want them delivered to their work where they can make other women feel bad because they didn't get any. Women can be pretty mean when it comes right down to it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't think women care one way or the other about getting flowers at home. They want them delivered to their work where they can make other women feel bad because they didn't get any. Women can be pretty mean when it comes right down to it.

I deliver to our local middle school and one particular teacher received several Valentine's Day gifts on both Thursday and Friday. On Thursday I joked with the secretary that she must be a newlywed. On Friday we both agreed that her spouse was making the rest of us look bad.

I also delivered a box of fruit from Florida on Friday that I left by the front door. It was has been well below zero all weekend so I'm sure they are frozen solid by now.

Ms.PacMan

Flowers at work are embarrassing if a woman's not in love.

My grandmother who was never affectionate would make little handmade valentines cards using doilies and hearts and cutouts. Little lovey dovey collages oozing with love.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
FedEx comes through yesterday. Flowers arrived not frozen.
Spouse is happy. I get to lay on the couch all day.
IMG_20160214_090240410.jpg

Future

Victory Ride
I had flowers for a teacher on Friday... All area schools where closed do to extreme cold weather.....I still made the attempt to the school ...ringing the buzzer for entry....hoping to possibly catch a janitor or other staff member....no answer... It was a DR pkg....no way called it in to office clerk...she found persons home number ....lady picked up on will call...possibly saved some romance

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had flowers for a teacher on Friday... All area schools where closed do to extreme cold weather.....I still made the attempt to the school ...ringing the buzzer for entry....hoping to possibly catch a janitor or other staff member....no answer... It was a DR pkg....no way called it in to office clerk...she found persons home number ....lady picked up on will call...possibly saved some romance

Good job!

I wonder how many others would have left them by the front door of the school.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Several years ago at Valentines Day, I walked into an office full of women with 1 box of flowers. Let me tell you, all eyes were on me; they can spot one of those boxes from 500 yards.

I looked at the label and said: " And the winner is.....(woman's name)."

Almost immediately, one of the women said in a loud voice: "That bitch!!"

Not needing a signature, I put those flowers down and hit the door. Laughed all the way back to the truck.