VID

Channahon

So how does that justify people judging me based on a toungue in cheek screen name? And, I made the united pot smokers comment in jest, although there's some truth in it. It's no secret that there are drivers that indulge and some of the decisions that management makes it is obvious that they are smoking something.

I don't know what position you hold at UPS, but unless you are a driver or in management, you should'nt judge any UPS employee, unless you know actual facts.

And if you know UPS employees are using illegal drugs, well you might want to be a responsible citizen and let someone know, either law enforcement or the UPS ethics hotline. There is no place for drug use at UPS, which can impair an employee on the job.

sx2700

Banned
I don't know what position you hold at UPS, but unless you are a driver or in management, you should'nt judge any UPS employee, unless you know actual facts.

And if you know UPS employees are using illegal drugs, well you might want to be a responsible citizen and let someone know, either law enforcement or the UPS ethics hotline. There is no place for drug use at UPS, which can impair an employee on the job.

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162822

It seems as though there are plenty of UPS employees using drugs. I for one don't like the idea of a pothead driving a commercial vehicle in my neighborhood.

moreluck

golden ticket member
8....just a quick question.

If you saw any employee show a gun in his waistband, would you rat on him/her and tell someone??

It could be your business later if that person goes 'postal', so to speak.

ih8tbrn

Banned
I see your point, but I know UPS doesn't drug test and if they don't take the initiative then I don't necessarily feel that it is my responsibility. Because if I know there are drivers are toking up, then surely management does too.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
actually, they do drug test.

when you apply, you go through a drug test

as a feeder driver, you undergo random drug testing

if a sup has cause to think you are under the influence, you will be tested

if you have a serious accident, the company can have you tested.

but you do have a point. they do not do spot drug testing on delivery drivers or inside employees. i wonder why?

d

ih8tbrn

Banned
I wonder why also. I work for a utility company that supplies natural gas so it falls under DOT regulations. The only dealings I have with it are answering phones and dispatching the gas crews, but I'm required to be in the random drug pool. I believe UPS drivers fall under DOT regulations also so they too should be in the random drug pool.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wonder why also. I work for a utility company that supplies natural gas so it falls under DOT regulations. The only dealings I have with it are answering phones and dispatching the gas crews, but I'm required to be in the random drug pool. I believe UPS drivers fall under DOT regulations also so they too should be in the random drug pool.

Random drug tests for commercial drivers are based upon the weight of the vehicle that they normally operate, which is why feeder drivers are subject to random testing but package car drivers are not.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just curious---did you give up on your video? I check You Tube everyday and haven't seen a good UPS slam for a long time. :peaceful: