violation of new dot requirments

nicky

Impossible with a truck you can not even walk through and all industrial stops at 1:00 PM. And here comes an air driver with the LIBs that would not fit. Have a lot of drivers looking at feeders right now.

I beg to differ, as I said that is not your problem. You can only do what you can do. All that is left over will be missed or pulled off the car. I promise you those are the only two answers to that problem. Breaking up your lunch because you are too heavy is one of the stupidest things you can do, because once you make it happen they will expect it and continue to put that much work on the car. If thats my route the first thing I do is tell them in the morning that whatever commercial is left at 1pm will need to be pulled off or it will be missed. If I take lunch till two and have pickups till five thats all I can do. Not to mention you make it impossible for anyone else that covers the route.

nicky

Impossible with a truck you can not even walk through and all industrial stops at 1:00 PM. And here comes an air driver with the LIBs that would not fit. Have a lot of drivers looking at feeders right now.

BTW if an air driver is shuttling ground packages you need to grieve that as well. Once the air driver advances a ground package the pay code changes to driver for all hours worked!

upschick95

They can NOT discipline you over the phone. I know this first hand. I had my center manager tell me over the phone that he was going to have to give me a warning. The only thing that really saves me was the fact that he did this over the phone.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Then lunch is between 1-2 every day

Who cares. Drivers let this stuff get to them and that's their own fault. I start break between 12-1 everyday. If I have businesses pick ups 20 stops left or 200 stops left. Don't make no difference.

Buck Fifty

No, he should man up and take some responsibility. No one made him break the law, he did that on his own.

just,warranted,and proper. Grieve it No exceptions. Man up, i agree with though. He should stand up for himself and shut that puppy down for a lunch. Man up and follow the contract. No exceptions.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Too busy worrying about upsetting a "manager" or too busy chasing the carrot referred to as bone-us (BONUS aka a scam).

I no longer refer to "managers" or "supervisors" at this company without quotes because they are completely worthless, spineless, brainless and don't deserve a title of any form or kind. The worst pile of management I've laid eyes on in my entire time at the company. Stock is at an all-time high and the IQ requirements for management are at an all-time low -- Wall street in a nutshell.
lol nice_old_lady.jpg
nice_old_lady.jpg

Brown Hog

THIS!

I beg to differ, as I said that is not your problem. You can only do what you can do. All that is left over will be missed or pulled off the car. I promise you those are the only two answers to that problem. Breaking up your lunch because you are too heavy is one of the stupidest things you can do, because once you make it happen they will expect it and continue to put that much work on the car. If thats my route the first thing I do is tell them in the morning that whatever commercial is left at 1pm will need to be pulled off or it will be missed. If I take lunch till two and have pickups till five thats all I can do. Not to mention you make it impossible for anyone else that covers the route.

over9five

Staff member
I guess I have too much pride and self respect to grieve something that only happened because I broke the law.
I don't see how you could look your center manager in the eye as you handed him the grievance.

​Now I'd love to know if the OP files. Bet he doesn't.

oldngray

nowhere special

You can tell management in the morning but they won't listen. They will hope the problem will go away. Then mid afternoon freak out and have a fit and act like you didn't warn them. And do stupid things like tell the driver next to you to help you deliver your business when he is busy making his own pickups. I had a manager do that to me and he threatened me for refusing to follow instructions when I told him I couldn't help someone else. I asked him bluntly more than once "do you want me to miss my own stops and go help? Because I can't be in 2 places at once." He finally told me to do my own work. He just didn't want to eat all the missed stops that were his own fault.