Volunteer to work this Sunday or go out with 400 stops Monday

bumped

It's peak, work.

Peak or no peak. It doesn't matter to me. I shouldn't have to fight all year long about 9.5's because, I don't want that many hours. I'm not all "team player, get it done, its peak" when I get buried the other 10 and a half months.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have hours left, so I have to go in tomorrow. I am number four on the seniority list out of about eighty drivers. Guaranteed eight hours overtime no matter how long I work. I can use my Helper too.

Last edited:

guzzi71

Can do it when I get around to it.
I went from west palm to orlando and back to west palm so i am going to count that as 3 stops.....just brutal!!! I don't know how i do it...........

onewithedd

We are sent messages to be of the clock by 10pm what we don't get done will be EC'd Wednesday night there was just over 350 pkgs EC'd and almost 200 last night. The sad part is we have NO SNOW and all roads are dry! How do the get away with that? Sounds like another class action lawsuit waiting to happen!!! They talk about HONESTY, my a**

35years

Gravy route
Was told today Sunday is mandatory for every driver. Ya..... wait on me to come in guys

How do they expect to tell drivers on a Friday, some of whom have driven for 30 plus years and never came in on a Sunday It's now mandatory. Drop all your plans!!!!!!! Packages need to be delivered

A big fu to management on this one

Our local is behind this decision as well.
We were told every driver is scheduled for Sunday...
When pressed/asked for clarification, management admitted it was not mandatory.

Everyone should directly ask if it is mandatory. I have the suspicion it came down from corporate that drivers were not to be forced Sunday.

We were told every driver is scheduled for Sunday...
When pressed/asked for clarification, management admitted it was not mandatory.

Everyone should directly ask if it is mandatory. I have the suspicion it came down from corporate that drivers were not to be forced Sunday.
Not a word here. Who is going to load and unload all these package cars? We have a huge Hub sort on Sunday starting at 7:05AM that will run maybe 7 or 8 hours.

35years

Gravy route
Our awesome speach was. hey guys if u work sunday. when Friday comes around, it will be a straight overtime day for your 6th report.... not bad if you really think about it....
Better make sure about that.
Our local has always considered the extra day you work outside your normal M-friend shift to be the "6th punch"; even if it is actually the first punch/Sunday. And so (here) Sunday would be paid at the overtime rate, not Friday. This is so you get the premium rate for Sunday even if you end up taking a day off during the normal M-friend.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have hours left, so I have to go in tomorrow. I am number four on the seniority list out of about eighty drivers. Guaranteed eight hours overtime no matter how long I work. I can use my Helper too.
I'm curious as to where all this is going on at.

I know some hubs have been rolling loads all week long. They are planning on running the hubs all weekend to get caught back up but that just means we are gonna get hammered on Monday.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We are sent messages to be of the clock by 10pm what we don't get done will be EC'd Wednesday night there was just over 350 pkgs EC'd and almost 200 last night. The sad part is we have NO SNOW and all roads are dry! How do the get away with that? Sounds like another class action lawsuit waiting to happen!!! They talk about HONESTY, my a**
There's zero chance of me sheeting them EC. Its dishonest.

I've told them many a times. If I sheet them I'm sheeting them missed. You all can sheet them however you want.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are also being forced but are not receiving our daily guarantee.

You know, if you were retired, you would have the whole day to do whatever you want. :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not a word here. Who is going to load and unload all these package cars? We have a huge Hub sort on Sunday starting at 7:05AM that will run maybe 7 or 8 hours.

Our loaders are starting at 5:30 this morning. We are only sweeping bulk pickups and will keep those in the rental until Monday.

We have been advancing work every day and are ahead of the game at this point.

watdaflock?

God forbid a driver has to work one Sunday a year. Not like you're doing it for free. You are compensated.

Dear lord, what a bunch of panty waste crybaby drivers we have around here....

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Elm Grove is working Tomorrow.
Message went out early yesterday asking for volunteers to work Saturday for anyone who had at least 4 hours available. Must not have had enough takers because my phone starting ringing a few hours later from drivers being forced in. Informed all of them that they cannot be forced according to our labor contract.
Elm Grove can load those trucks but there will be few drivers to deliver them.