Volunteer to work this Sunday or go out with 400 stops Monday

over9five

Staff member
Better make sure about that.
Our local has always considered the extra day you work outside your normal M-friend shift to be the "6th punch"; even if it is actually the first punch/Sunday. And so (here) Sunday would be paid at the overtime rate, not Friday. This is so you get the premium rate for Sunday even if you end up taking a day off during the normal M-friend.
Here too.

I don't care how much I'm making. I want to enjoy time with my family more valuable to me than a dollar amount. They can say I'm coming in a Saturday or Sunday and I'll call them that morning to let them know I'm not. Lol

Faceplanted

God forbid a driver has to work one Sunday a year. Not like you're doing it for free. You are compensated.

Dear lord, what a bunch of panty waste crybaby drivers we have around here....
Have you ever thought that maybe some people had prior arrangements made with volunteer work at church, or maybe are divorced and that's their weekend when their son and they got tickets to a football game to spend quality time together......

just to be told the Friday right before that they needed to be at work Sunday or else?

These are just some situations I have heard from drivers in my center. I have my own very important arrangements I made a while ago that I cannot break.

Believe it or not, some people actually have lives outside of ups.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If UPS ran enough routes year round with 9.25
dispatches, instead of less routes with 11-14 hour dispatches, we would have the infrastructure in place to handle peak.
It just can't be that easy with this company..... If they aren't complicating things and putting layer after layer of bs onto things then they don't think it's going to work... Stop trying to complicate the job of driving a box to a stop.....stop it!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It just can't be that easy with this company..... If they aren't complicating things and putting layer after layer of bs onto things then they don't think it's going to work... Stop trying to complicate the job of driving a box to a stop.....stop it!!
The problem at this point hasn't even been drivers. The hubs can't even get everything processed. We are behind the game on this. We all saw this coming and there should of been major infrastructure investments made 5-6 years ago. Not right now.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
We are also being forced but are not receiving our daily guarantee.

You know, if you were retired, you would have the whole day to do whatever you want. :)

Our loaders are starting at 5:30 this morning. We are only sweeping bulk pickups and will keep those in the rental until Monday.

We have been advancing work every day and are ahead of the game at this point.

First off in a small center, you should always be ahead of the game.

Second, they can't force you and make you take pay actual. Doesn't work that way. Maybe in the BOG, but in a real ups center with actual backbone, that attitude you present doesn't fly.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The problem at this point hasn't even been drivers. The hubs can't even get everything processed. We are behind the game on this. We all saw this coming and there should of been major infrastructure investments made 5-6 years ago. Not right now.

They're pushing feeders through 24/7 it seems. I have a package from CO that shipped out last Wednesday and will be here Monday but wasn't scheduled until 12-6.

Lots of contractors running straight loads to the major artery hubs

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They're pushing feeders through 24/7 it seems. I have a package from CO that shipped out last Wednesday and will be here Monday but wasn't scheduled until 12-6.

Lots of contractors running straight loads to the major artery hubs
I keep hearing people saw wow that wasn't supposed to be here yet. But someone I'm hearing stories of the major hubs close to hear rolling over 50 trailers this week and peocessing all weekend just to catch up.

We better hope there is no major weather.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I went from west palm to orlando and back to west palm so i am going to count that as 3 stops.....just brutal!!! I don't know how i do it...........
These guys in pkg don't know what theyre missing....crappy hours or not....its a whole other world on the other side...