Voting no

Cowboy Mac

It's scary how many people think raises are supposed to cover inflation. If it were we wouldn't have cola language at all. It really does amaze me how people live with little to no common sense, and 0 crititcal reasoning skills.
The COLA language is garbage and doesn’t even come close to covering inflation. Look what happened after covid, we had a year with over 8% inflation and COLA gave us $0.82.

Thebrownblob

The COLA language is garbage and doesn’t even come close to covering inflation. Look what happened after covid, we had a year with over 8% inflation and COLA gave us $0.82.
Even the inflation numbers from the government are rigged. Don’t include fuel and food? Lol OK sure.

Brown Down

well don't get mad at the raise language then. get mad at the cola language. 2 seperate things. you don't vote no and say its because of the raises when its entirely due to a seperate article.

Cowboy Mac

exactly. the best way it was explained to me by financial experts is there's 2 forms of inflation. You have the standard where the cup of coffee cost .25 cents 50 years ago and now cost's 2.50(non starbucks crap) thats the general buying power that we lose and thats exactly what raises are for(as well as increasing what our value is to the company). transitory inflation is what we are dealing with now at 8 percent or so and thats where cola's come in. We don't get them every year because inflation needs to be at a certain percent. He said if you wonder if you're gonna get a cola raise just see if they raised SS. If they got one then more than likely so will we.
You say transitory inflation as if it’s just going to go away or go back to what it was. That’s never going to happen. Sounds like you’ve been listening to the Biden “economists”.
Even the inflation numbers from the government are rigged. Don’t include fuel and food? Lol OK sure.
That’s what I’m saying we are not getting the whole picture here. And to say COLA is going to make up the difference above our raises is Bull Spit.

Brown Down

sure does look like it changed alot in 70 years both up and down

Thebrownblob

You say transitory inflation as if it’s just going to go away or go back to what it was. That’s never going to happen. Sounds like you’ve been listening to the Biden “economists”.

That’s what I’m saying we are not getting the whole picture here. And to say COLA is going to make up the difference above our raises is Bull Spit.
Nothing will make up the difference. Maybe perhaps a massive correction?

Cowboy Mac

well don't get mad at the raise language then. get mad at the cola language. 2 seperate things. you don't vote no and say its because of the raises when its entirely due to a seperate article.
I have been saying for years that the COLA language needs to be changed. My local BAs and President disagree they think it’s good enough.

Money is money. If they call it a COLA or if they call it a wage increase. We need more of it.

Thebrownblob

I have been saying for years that the COLA language needs to be changed. My local BAs and President disagree they think it’s good enough.

Money is money. If they call it a COLA or if they call it a wage increase. We need more of it.
It’s called COLA because that’s what you can buy with it😂

Thebrownblob

Massive tax cuts is the only way to stop the government spending and printing money.
Massive tax cuts? By the government?

1690723750385.gif

Thebrownblob

Speaking of taxes, no wonder California is such a mess. Here’s the top 10 and the bottom 100 state government salaries
1690723840783.png

1690723864152.png

Number eight is a troubleshooter that’s what I should’ve been. 600k to “troubleshoot”😂

The police and firefighters do damn good.

Brown Down

and im not saying the cola language is right. im just saying if you blaming the raises for not covering inflation is like being mad at the orage for not being sweet like an apple. imo i think we should get cola raises every year and in the event inflation drops to 0 or under then we just wouldn't get it. if its at 1 percent its a 1 percent raise, 2 a 2 percent, etc etc

Cowboy Mac

and im not saying the cola language is right. im just saying if you blaming the raises for not covering inflation is like being mad at the orage for not being sweet like an apple. imo i think we should get cola raises every year and in the event inflation drops to 0 or under then we just wouldn't get it. if its at 1 percent its a 1 percent raise, 2 a 2 percent, etc etc
The money spends the same no matter what you call it.

You’re wishing for COLA reform which is never going to happen. Good luck getting support to change a formula that most people don’t understand/are indifferent towards.

If inflation didn’t exist, do you think we would be getting $7.50 wage increases? No way. We would be getting maybe $0.25 a year.

My point is the wage increases are being used to counter inflation. Not very well in my opinion.

Brown Down

The money spends the same no matter what you call it.

You’re wishing for COLA reform which is never going to happen. Good luck getting support to change a formula that most people don’t understand/are indifferent towards.

If inflation didn’t exist, do you think we would be getting $7.50 wage increases? No way. We would be getting maybe $0.25 a year.

My point is the wage increases are being used to counter inflation. Not very well in my opinion.
so if and when inflation goes back to 1 percent then your ok with call it a 1.5 percent raise right? i mean if raises are to counter inflation then we won't see much of them when its not very high correct? Or hey it actually was below zero once. We give back part of our raise. Which btw is something the company asked for with the COLA part of the contract in the leaked proposal IIRC.
If you are correct wouldn't they ask for that in the general raises?