Walk of shame

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Jul 30, 2013.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

It sucks when you forget to leave your keys in your truck at the end of the day and get to the guard shack and have to do the long walk of shame back to your truck. You hear the inevitable oh that sucks and random laughing. :)
  2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

It happens to us all. No big deal just hold your head high and bring them back.
  3. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Worse is remembering to turn in your truck keys and forgetting your car keys in your locker. Especially when it's a 1/4 mile walk back.
  4. bmwmc

bmwmc Active Member

There's always a spare. In our center there in a lock box in the truck. I just yawn and keep walking towards my car.
  5. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

I haven't done that since Telematics and that noisy key fob. Sounds like a cow bell all day long. No way I could ever walk out with that thing clipped to me.
  6. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

No guard shack or walk at our building. You just hop in your car drive around to your truck. I know we all have done it, but shame on you anyway.:peaceful:
  7. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

They have a coffee can at the metal detector in the guard shack, when the alarm goes off I just reach for the FOB on my belt and toss em in the can.
  8. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Shoot I've gotten home and then noticed many times. Unless I get a call that night I just take them back in the morning.

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

Got my fob key sitting next to me at home !!!!

They have spares so there's no way I'm driving 20 miles back.
    But I did connect them with my Jeep's keys so I won't forget them in the A.M.
  10. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

Watch where ya leave that Hef there's cameras and microphones hidden inside the FOB.

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

It would probably power itself down from boredom :)
  12. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

A Weiner cam?
  13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I have done the "drive of shame" as I pulled into the parking lot with the package car.
  14. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

....to see his heffernads. A Nad cam ?

Heff if they ever power down from boredom, ... Well you know.
  15. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I leave the Fob on my belt 4 out of 5 days. Since I change pants in the locker room I always catch it. What is a guard shack?
  16. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

A lot like a break room without vending machines.
  17. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Pulled into the employee lot once accidentally too...
  18. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

If I make it as far as the guard shack I leave them with security and they have a carwasher come out and get them. No problem. But it's become part of my OCD routine at the end of the night when I get in so I rarely forget.
  19. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

I have taken the fob home a number of time and have the day off the next day. No big deal there is a extra in the lock box and if that fails the mechanic can program a new one in about 10 seconds.

I live 52 miles from the UPS building Once I'm in my car and out if the parking lot and I find I have forgot to leave the FOB it gets returned the next day.
  20. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

Even better is walking out with your DIAD in your pouch.