Wally's list of things that make Package Car drivers heads want to explode!

MrBrown

When you cover a route that consists of emptying a 700 bulk stop with a descent old 700 manual and coming back to the building and picking up the other 700 with the other 150 stops which is a pos. Got them to move them around, you're welcome regular driver.

8 Hour Day

Stupid/predictable comments and questions annoy me...

Consignee asks (as if they don't know), "what's this?"

I always want to reply with "wouldn't you be pissed if I knew?"

Or the funny old guy with nothing but tired ancient jokes. "Hey, did you hear FedEx and UPS are merging?! Yeah, they're gonna call it..."

I sometimes reply, "that's an old joke, but it's really happening as soon as this contract with the Union is up. It's too combat Amazon. Seriously, go Google it." I gives me warm fuzzies to imagine the old farts asking their grandson how to Google something.

I'm drenched from head to toe... "wow! Is it raining?"

"No ma'am, I just have horrible bladder control."

BrownThunder

doing a resi stop and SURE ENOUGH the car coming your way lives right there and needs to park in the driveway youre blocking.

i used to move, now i let em wait if its a quick dr. theyre off work, theyll live.

Re-Raise

I hate it when I accidently press the signature key twice because I didn't think it worked the first time... and it takes me to the signed delivery notice screen.

MrBrown

I hate it when I accidently press the signature key twice because I didn't think it worked the first time... and it takes me to the signed delivery notice screen.
Mmmm that's a good one, and it won't let you cancel it till you mash the keys a few times. Gotta love diad lag

8 Hour Day

Well.....what's the punchline???!?!!! Why would you leave us hanging like that?? What kind of animal are you!!!!??
FedUp. How have you not heard that? I literally get it once every couple of months. Maybe the fact that there are a ton of retirees on my route spikes the dumb jokes... got nothing better to do than think up annoying things to tell people. LOL

Keenj

- A crappy preloader which I get almost everyday since I'm on one of the new guy routes with new guy routes on either side of me and the new preloader always gets our PCs and usually quits after a few days. Misloads and packages on the wrong selves are a given.

-The resi who has a super long driveway with no turn around and always has a ton of packages.

- The resi who has FD set as their DR point on every package on the board. And they live in an apartment complex.

- The people who park in the commercial unloading zones because they're too cheap to pay for the parking meters then get mad at me for honking at them to get them to move.

-The people who sit behind me when I'm unloading in an alleyway and ask how long I'm going to be to move. That's usually a good time to take 10 and grab a coke.

- The businesses who feel entitled to get their packages first thing in the morning. Unless it's NDA, you're going to have to wait like everyone else.

-Pickups who don't have their stuff ready at pickup time.

Keenj

How about when you back or pull into a stop and a person is standing there and as soon as you shut off the engine and get the package they walk inside. Nothing I like better than adding more steps to my day.

Those people are the worst. Especially if it's one of those people who have something almost every day.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
this only happened once. after lunch being called back to deliver next day air on someone elses route. . ( 4 hrs late )

the supe told me that being a women maybe i wouldn't get yelled at. he was wrong.

Keenj

This happened to me today and I hate them for it.

Business on a second story that orders 10 boxes of printer paper, no elevator or ramp or anything to get dolly upstairs. Everyone stares at me slack jawed as I lug all 10 by myself and not offer to help unless you consider comments about how hard I work helpful.

Savvy412

This happened to me today and I hate them for it.

Business on a second story that orders 10 boxes of printer paper, no elevator or ramp or anything to get dolly upstairs. Everyone stares at me slack jawed as I lug all 10 by myself and not offer to help unless you consider comments about how hard I work helpful.
Ya, I mean it is your job .

But I know.. I think the same thing .

Keenj

I don't know what I hate more, a bulk stop with nothing but printer paper or bicycles.

Probably bicycles since they're bigger and take up so much room.