WARNING LETTER........what a joke!!!

TJtheUPSMan

FYI, this post is just me venting about how my day started......
3 weeks ago I had the privilege of having a "3 day lock in ride" with an on road sup. because of my overallowed. My route was completely changed for those three days, including but not limited to....
1. Area was changed drastically, about 35-40%.
2. Went from having over 110 signature stops a day down to less than 70 signature stops a day.
3. Perfect, stop for stop load (set up by preload supervisor) each day
4. On road sup opening doors, making customer contacts and touching packages!!! ..... and many other small things. .... back to today,.....
I receive a warning letter stating that while the sup was with me I performed at a rate of 19.5 SPORH with an avg of .35 overallowed and since then I have been doing only 18.4 SPORH with an avg of .89 overallowed!!!! BULLCRAP!!!!!
My union steward quickly told me after the meeting that this so called warning letter would be tossed out at first glance because of all the nonsense that it contained. I am not at all worried about the warning letter or it going on my record because I know that it is complete garbage. I am just really peeved with the way this supervisor has tried to treat me like this. I use my methods, I don't cheat, I am a safe driver and I have very happy customers. They can come talk to me when any of these things change.
BAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!.......ok. I think I'm done now.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Hey TJ,
Welcome to BC, this stuff is going on everywhere as you may know if have been following along here with us.the past few months. Were you singled out or are other drivers in your center also getting the treatment?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Your supervisor is just a puppet who has to spew out a certain number of warning letters per week in order to justify his job.

He has to at least look like he is doing something about your overallowed problem. He cant do anything about the dispatch issues, he cant do anything about the poor load quality, and he cant do anything about the bogus time allowance.... but by golly he can type up a warning letter and at least hope that he can intimidate you into solving his problems for him by skipping your lunch and breaks.

Do your job as safely and efficiently as possible, take your full lunch and breaks, take care of your customers, follow the methods.....and try not to get too riled up over the empty threats and petty harassment.

menotyou

bella amicizia
3 weeks ago I had the privilege of having a "3 day lock in ride" with an on road sup. because of my overallowed. My route was completely changed for those three days, including but not limited to....
2. Went from having over 110 signature stops a day down to less than 70 signature stops a day.
4. On road sup opening doors, making customer contacts and touching packages!!! ..... and many other small things. .... back to today,.....
I receive a warning letter stating that while the sup was with me I performed at a rate of 19.5 SPORH with an avg of .35 overallowed and since then I have been doing only 18.4 SPORH with an avg of .89 overallowed!!!! BULLCRAP!!!!!
My union steward quickly told me after the meeting that this so called warning letter would be tossed out at first glance because of all the nonsense that it contained. I am not at all worried about the warning letter or it going on my record because I know that it is complete garbage. I am just really peeved with the way this supervisor has tried to treat me like this. I use my methods, I don't cheat, I am a safe driver and I have very happy customers. They can come talk to me when any of these things change.
This is what I don't understand. Why is the union allowing this? At first glance was in that meeting. I am so irritated with the union over this. When are the going to get off their arse and file a national SOMETHING, anything. OSHA, DOJ, DOL, NLRB, and probably more I can't think off right now should be working together in conjunction with the union to ensure safety at the workplace without harassment.:angry::angry:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
ojsm.jpg

tfinnegan

happy exupser
If the Supv did any of the things noted, touching pakgs, opening doors...etc.....It can not be a lock in ride and NEVER sign anything!

After day 1 ride I would of advised his manager, your supv is wasting his time because of the infractions noted...doors, helping with pkgs...etc...Maybe the On Car was never trained in a true OJS ride....You don't help or touch anything......just follow, observe, and document time spent at each stop.....

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If the Supv did any of the things noted, touching pakgs, opening doors...etc.....It can not be a lock in ride and NEVER sign anything!

After day 1 ride I would of advised his manager, your supv is wasting his time because of the infractions noted...doors, helping with pkgs...etc...Maybe the On Car was never trained in a true OJS ride....You don't help or touch anything......just follow, observe, and document time spent at each stop.....

I'd let them burn all three days an go thru their song and dance THEN tell them he voided the ride. By then you can show more of a pattern in case you need to go to panel.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This is what I don't understand. Why is the union allowing this? At first glance was in that meeting. I am so irritated with the union over this. When are the going to get off their arse and file a national SOMETHING, anything. OSHA, DOJ, DOL, NLRB, and probably more I can't think off right now should be working together in conjunction with the union to ensure safety at the workplace without harassment.:angry::angry:

"whipping" drivers is unsafe to the employee and also the public. However, the company seems to get away with it , depending on the person they are harrassing and intimidating. There needs to be a collective effort from all drivers that are harrassed and not just one or two, here and there. At that point, once everyone is involved, maybe some impact can be made and the unnecessary work environment can be turned around some.

This goes for inside and outside, as we know.

bigblu 2 you

do your packages weigh the same every day,is traffic the same,weather the same,do you have the same business and residential .do you feel the same every day?etc,etc etc.with such a run on performance i have been asked to put orange cones in front and rear of my pc at stops and pull mirrors in and more .while i use the "methods"and agree on the safety of most i can tell you if you follow them to the letter it will cost time/money.my personal feeling is that they are used by the company as a leverage/disciplinary tool and liability in accident and injury cases.at our center we had/have {retired}25+ year drivers with safe records one retired never having an injury and they didnt know the first thing about reciting safety jargon.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Your supervisor is just a puppet who has to spew out a certain number of warning letters per week in order to justify his job.

He has to at least look like he is doing something about your overallowed problem. He cant do anything about the dispatch issues, he cant do anything about the poor load quality, and he cant do anything about the bogus time allowance.... but by golly he can type up a warning letter and at least hope that he can intimidate you into solving his problems for him by skipping your lunch and breaks.

Do your job as safely and efficiently as possible, take your full lunch and breaks, take care of your customers, follow the methods.....and try not to get too riled up over the empty threats and petty harassment.

I'll bet you're a charm to be around every day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
.....3. Perfect, stop for stop load (set up by preload supervisor) each day....

If you can prove this, I would immediately file an Art 37 grievance for "over-supervision, harassment and coersion."

If they are going to "turn up the heat", then you need to respond by turning it up even hotter.

packageguy

Tell your steward you want a re-buttal letter, on that letter you write everything that happend that day, door holding, touching packages and so on. Also write about 35% of route change, 70 signature stops, and the pre-load supervisor************ the load.

That's not acceptable. If they are going to hold you to the numbers than let them be right. GOODLUCK

Last edited by a moderator:

bigblu 2 you

Tell your steward you want a re-buttal letter, on that letter you write everything that happend that day, door holding, touching packages and so on. Also write about 35% of route change, 70 signature stops, and the pre-load supervisor************ the load.

That's not acceptable. If they are going to hold you to the numbers than let them be right. GOODLUCK
numbers are an exact science,delivering packages in a every changing environment is not.