Washington Redskins change their name

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Then , lets start a team called the San Francisco CHINKS.

We can ask the fans to do this in the stands during the game:

cesarcielo01_sm.jpg

Im sure none of you would consider this racist...

TOS

Speaking of San Francisco.... this just in...SF Chronicle to stop using 'Redskins' in print

I applaud the move. Shows us that simply talking about it can begin to change peoples minds. Even the ignorant.

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So just when are you going to purchase the 3rd most profitable NFL team in order to rename it ?

Dont need to buy them, pressure will force them to change it. Roger Goddell has summoned Washington owner Dan Snyder to discuss the matter. The league is feeling the pressure as well.

As long as the issue grows at the grass root level, the team will be forced to change this racially motivated name once and for all.

All you rednecks will just have to accept it and move on.

TOS

Nimnim

The Nim
Dont need to buy them, pressure will force them to change it. Roger Goddell has summoned Washington owner Dan Snyder to discuss the matter. The league is feeling the pressure as well.

As long as the issue grows at the grass root level, the team will be forced to change this racially motivated name once and for all.

All you rednecks will just have to accept it and move on.

TOS

So when are you going to rail against the Yankees, afterall it's not a clean word either.

Yan·kee
ˈyaNGkē/

noun informal

derogatory
    a person who lives in, or is from, the US.
    an inhabitant of New England or one of the northern states.

I got that searching "Yankee definition" in google. I also checked "redskin definition" and instead of "derogatory" it had "offensive."

Really a derogatory word causes offense to people making it offensive right? If we're going to go with semantics there's a great many teams out there that could become a problem.

The point is the people who support the team support the team, not what imagined slight people have with the name.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So when are you going to rail against the Yankees, afterall it's not a clean word either.

I got that searching "Yankee definition" in google. I also checked "redskin definition" and instead of "derogatory" it had "offensive."

Really a derogatory word causes offense to people making it offensive right? If we're going to go with semantics there's a great many teams out there that could become a problem.

The point is the people who support the team support the team, not what imagined slight people have with the name.

A stretch on your part, but i give you credit for attempting to justify racism.

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
All the publicatiosn that have sworn off using the name, Redskins, should not be granted interviews with any member of the team.....all access should be denied!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
All the publicatiosn that have sworn off using the name, Redskins, should not be granted interviews with any member of the team.....all access should be denied!!

Works for me! Keep the Washington team in the dark. Revenue lost. Money talks, bullcrap walks.

Great Idea MORELUCK!

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Let's see nobody cared about a youth's shooting until bhos made it a national story , now he is attempting to make a team's name the new focal point for his minions .
Really scary stuff .
With all the other messes going on , his minions are so easily duped .

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Let's see nobody cared about a youth's shooting until bhos made it a national story , now he is attempting to make a team's name the new focal point for his minions .
Really scary stuff .
With all the other messes going on , his minions are so easily duped .

What are you talking about? There are millions of people upset with the way Trayvon Martins case was handled. Maybe not up in the redneck areas, cause' thats where shooting black kids is on the list of things to do..

Give it a break bro, the case was tried and a verdict reach. Case closed.

TOS