Wasn't going to post this

kingOFchester

From his FB page:

"current laws do not provide any protection or recourse in cases like this."

He even acknowledges that the law doesn't support his case.

"Did you know that in most cities and counties across the country delivery drivers (like UPS), and other people who enter your property can HIT, BEAT, or MAIM your animals and all they have to do is claim they felt “threatened” by your pet? "

So if the law isn't protecting your dog, then keep the dog chained up or inside.

"That’s right, your pet may not be protected on your own property. ""UPS sided with the driver and ruled that he should remain on our route."

What a buffoon.

wayfair

swollen member
looks like he came from the front of the house, goes to back to the front using phone, then follows wife back to side of house.
If he normally goes to side of house, why wouldn't he pull truck closer to delivery/pickup point??

BrownTexas

From his FB page:

"current laws do not provide any protection or recourse in cases like this."

He even acknowledges that the law doesn't support his case.

"Did you know that in most cities and counties across the country delivery drivers (like UPS), and other people who enter your property can HIT, BEAT, or MAIM your animals and all they have to do is claim they felt “threatened” by your pet? "

So if the law isn't protecting your dog, then keep the dog chained up or inside.

"That’s right, your pet may not be protected on your own property. ""UPS sided with the driver and ruled that he should remain on our route."

What a buffoon.

Those people invited him on their property when the asked us to come pickup a package. They shouldn't even be offered the right to have their dog protected when they ask us to come there. I agree with you. He is an idiot.

MethodsMan

I might be in the minority here, but I think it was a little excessive. Its freakin Frasier dog. I've had medium sized dogs charge me a few times and all I did was stand my ground and charge back at them and they cower with their tail between their legs. A lot of dogs are all bark no bite.

The only time I was bit was at a business by a medium sized mut. I didn't get a chance to react in that situation as a I walked in the business and the dog came from the backside and got me without even barking, growling or anything.

Took a little skin off but nothing really serious. No work missed.

I was still charged with an avoidable dog bite.

Now with that dog, I don't think there was a need to crack it over the skull with a diad. A good boot to the face would have been plenty to keep it back.

kingOFchester

I might be in the minority here, but I think it was a little excessive. Its freakin Frasier dog. I've had medium sized dogs charge me a few times and all I did was stand my ground and charge back at them and they cower with their tail between their legs. A lot of dogs are all bark no bite.

The only time I was bit was at a business by a medium sized mut. I didn't get a chance to react in that situation as a I walked in the business and the dog came from the backside and got me without even barking, growling or anything.

Now with that dog, I don't think there was a need to crack it over the skull with a diad. A good boot to the face would have been plenty to keep it back.

First peak driving got bit by a miniature poodle or something. Got me good just above the knee. Punctured the skin and swelled up and ultimately got infected. I had no seniority and was afraid to report it. A few day later I was back at the same house, walking cautiously towards the front door and then dog came at ne again with the owner at door. I backed up towards the truck with diad ready to swing. Homeowner yelled at me and said don't hit my dog, he doesn't bite. Ha!

Took over 2 months to heal.

BrownTexas

People act differently in a panic situation. You can't blame him. I wouldn't have swung it. I would have just used it as a barrier so the dog couldn't bite. But different strokes for different folks.

Overpaid Union Thug

It doesn't matter what kind of dog it was or how big. Or even what their behavior in the past was. They all can, WILL, bite if they are scared, feel threatened, are having a bad day, etc. and it will hurt!

kingOFchester

Now with that dog, I don't think there was a need to crack it over the skull with a diad. A good boot to the face would have been plenty to keep it back
Also, easy to come to that conclusion farting on your couch and watching the video. The driver had maybe 2 seconds to process the situation and then react.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

It's a dog, a piece of property, owned by a human. It's no different then a car, bird, or a stool. I will do whatever I need to to protect myself from being maimed or skin scuffed by a piece of property that has been left to its own devices because of the owners neglect for the well being of others, in the eyes of the law.

MethodsMan

It doesn't matter what kind of dog it was or how big. Or even what their behavior in the past was. They all can, WILL, bite if they are scared, feel threatened, are having a bad day, etc. and it will hurt!

Are you like trying to teach me something? If you are comparing a Jack Russell bite to German Shepherd bite, you're off your rocker.

I've been bit. It does hurt. Never said it doesn't. I've been bit quite a few times in my life.

MethodsMan

Are you like trying to teach me something? If you are comparing a Jack Russell bite to German Shepherd bite, you're off your rocker.

I've been bit. It does hurt. Never said it doesn't. I've been bit quite a few times in my life.
Also, easy to come to that conclusion farting on your couch and watching the video. The driver had maybe 2 seconds to process the situation and then react.

I drive too. I've been in those situations as well. I knew my opinion would be unpopular. I think using your diad as a weapon against a vicious dog is a great idea.

With a dog that size, a nice kick would have been good enough.

And I'm not saying the driver should be disciplined. He shouldn't. People react differently. All I'm saying is in my opinion it was excessive.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If I were the driver involved I'd be filing suite for his libelous statements on the web site. UPS driver "beat" the dog? Or moved the diad out between the dog and his body? :censored2:.

overflowed

I don't see anything wrong with how he acted in this video. He was backing away the whole time. Would've done the same. On another note I've found some very vicious dogs might seem that way to us at work but I don't think the owners are always lying when they say things like "He only acts like this with you." I found out that some dogs seriously don't like the sound of some diesel trucks. This dog I'm talking about would bite the tires and attack the truck all the way off their long road. It was a german shepherd so I declined his offer to get nice with the dog the way he seemed to want to kill me happily. Got a new truck and he's now all waggly and nice when I come there.

RockdaleEddie

Optimized

You are the minority here, and for the record it's not the dogs fault and it's not the drivers fault it's the owners fault...it's all on them.

Sent using BrownCafe App