way overworked as a preloader

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by flipstyle9, Aug 29, 2012.

1. flipstyle9

flipstyle9 New Member

I just started working as a preloader and the pay really does suck, if we get only $9.50 an hour I actually think we should just be able to load just one truck. is there anyway you can send or Menlo Park, ca. I will bring that up to teamster. the money you make can't even buy gas

2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Same complaint since 1982. Good luck.

3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Pm me your address I'll sent you five bucks.

4. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

I'm confused , did you come to them for a job or did they ask you ?

5. CAFAL

CAFAL New Member

You could work at mcdonalds for less,but you'll probably have to cross the bridge. What you gonna do?

6. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Don't you have the local number for him to call down to the hall?

7. flipstyle9

flipstyle9 New Member

One truck

We should just load one truck for our pay. You jackasses just sound like brown nosers atleast i can stand up for our rights

8. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Re: One truck

You should load my truck with a quarter pounder and large fries, don't forget my apple pie either.

9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Lol yeah one truck add in benefits and as far as ups is concerned you make somewhere around $25 an hour.

10. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

Gives a new meaning to Help a Brother Out !!!

11. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

Preloader is an important job at UPS, it almost acts as a "career barometer" for the company. Those that come in everyday, do this crap job, and do it well are often the best candidates to become drivers. Those who whine about it usually don't last but 6 months. Those who give it the old college try, can't hack it, but stick around anyway are often the best candidates for management.

12. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Don't let the door hit you........

13. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

The preload is UPS's red-headed step child. It's probably been 15 years since they actually tried to improve it. It was just easier for management to transfer the preload's problems onto the backs of drivers. The phrase, "blood from a turnip" should be on those safety banners they love so much.

14. scbbbc

scbbbc New Member

So being in local sort is not a "career barometer" from what you saying ?

15. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Not like the preload. Not even close, really.

16. brown_trousers

brown_trousers Active Member

Actually McDonalds pays more

17. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

For less....Hell mickey d's probably pays more that ups...lol

18. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

flipstyle,

I agree.

It is very suspicious that the starting pay for the most part hasn't significantly changed in many, many years.

I appreciate your desire to speak out about what you believe even in the face of criticism.

Sincerely,
    I

19. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

For the money I think preload could at least load 5 trucks instead of 4.

20. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

You must be lazy. Nothing in life is easy if you want something you work for it. There are a lot of other jobs out there that are worse than loading 3 or 4 trucks and pay less than $9.50 HR and don't give you benefits ever.

You go find a other company where you don't need a degree to get a job that gives there pt the exact same benefits they give there ftimers (pension, health insurance, days off, raises, etc ).

A pt job isn't designed for people to live off no matter where you work.

Anyways you wanted to work at UPS they didn't Ho looking for you and force you to work for them. If you feel your over worked you can always quit.