way overworked as a preloader

flipstyle9

I just started working as a preloader and the pay really does suck, if we get only $9.50 an hour I actually think we should just be able to load just one truck. is there anyway you can send or Menlo Park, ca. I will bring that up to teamster. the money you make can't even buy gas

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I just started working as a preloader and the pay really does suck, if we get only $9.50 an hour I actually think we should just be able to load just one truck. is there anyway you can send or Menlo Park, ca. I will bring that up to teamster. the money you make can't even buy gas

Preloader is an important job at UPS, it almost acts as a "career barometer" for the company. Those that come in everyday, do this crap job, and do it well are often the best candidates to become drivers. Those who whine about it usually don't last but 6 months. Those who give it the old college try, can't hack it, but stick around anyway are often the best candidates for management.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Don't let the door hit you........

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The preload is UPS's red-headed step child. It's probably been 15 years since they actually tried to improve it. It was just easier for management to transfer the preload's problems onto the backs of drivers. The phrase, "blood from a turnip" should be on those safety banners they love so much.

scbbbc

Preloader is an important job at UPS, it almost acts as a "career barometer" for the company. Those that come in everyday, do this crap job, and do it well are often the best candidates to become drivers. Those who whine about it usually don't last but 6 months. Those who give it the old college try, can't hack it, but stick around anyway are often the best candidates for management.

So being in local sort is not a "career barometer" from what you saying ?

Integrity

Binge Poster
flipstyle,

I agree.

It is very suspicious that the starting pay for the most part hasn't significantly changed in many, many years.

I appreciate your desire to speak out about what you believe even in the face of criticism.

Sincerely,
I

UPSGUY72

You must be lazy. Nothing in life is easy if you want something you work for it. There are a lot of other jobs out there that are worse than loading 3 or 4 trucks and pay less than $9.50 HR and don't give you benefits ever.

You go find a other company where you don't need a degree to get a job that gives there pt the exact same benefits they give there ftimers (pension, health insurance, days off, raises, etc ).

A pt job isn't designed for people to live off no matter where you work.

Anyways you wanted to work at UPS they didn't Ho looking for you and force you to work for them. If you feel your over worked you can always quit.