WE'RE NOT READY!!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
You should be working at a safe pace all the time. Slowing down isn't making you safer, it makes you a clock milker.
We used to use a term similar to that when I was in feeders. Clock sucker. lol. I haven't seen it this year yet, but last year USPS came in early, filled their lil jeeps with boxes, delivered them early, I mean like 6-7am early, then they would go back to our local post off building and get the mail and deliver it late into the night. The mailmen I used to know when I was driving told me they didn't want to deliver boxes. Their system wasn't set up for it. I guess they are taking all they can get now due to people paying most bills online and email taking the place of a lot of snail mail. The hourly carriers are definately making bank where I live.

AKCoverMan

Nobody saw this level of volume coming.

I did. Earlier this year after 4qtr results came out and some idiot in Atlanta who has never touched a package other than ones DRed at his home told the Wall Streer press that we spent too much ramping up for peak 2015 and "we wouldn't make that mistake again".

Sigh...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I did. Earlier this year after 4qtr results came out and some idiot in Atlanta who has never touched a package other than ones DRed at his home told the Wall Streer press that we spent too much ramping up for peak 2015 and "we wouldn't make that mistake again".

Sigh...

Peak preparations based on projected volume are hard to adjust when those projections are way off.

DOK

Who else loves being out between 8-9pm running stuff you couldn't find in your Ray Charles load earlier + misloads, & not seeing FX, FXG, FXHD, the post office, or any other delivery service (besides pizza) out delivering anywhere? Disheartening & asinine! It needs to change, but how?

We do need a change, for this week in particular with the big surge in online shopping on thanksgiving weekend.

I'm thinking in the future they will come up with something, I can't imagine what that will be though. It's just getting to the point where this week there is such a volume surge. The past few years this week was peak week in our building, with Tuesday being peak day.

novadriver

I have 14 buildings with over 50pcs i will be bringing back for businesses.. i had to take my lunch now just to get my head straight.. all will be missed. No help sent..

UnconTROLLed

perfection
we've had a few early drivers back by 6-7 in my side of the building, but most have been 8:30-10pm.

Also, our preload slides were stopped (not finished) by 9:30am and drivers not leaving until 10-10:15.

Johney

Our Fedex Ground/HD terminal seems to be handling things well so far....
Their feeder drivers scare the crap out of me every night. I've never past one yet on the highway they fly by me doing at least 80. Now the FedEx freight guys? Like a little old lady on a Sunday drive.

BrownThunder

On lunch soaking this all in. 1st peak and boy oh boy what a doozy! Spent my last f_ck in the back of the bulk truck where they just threw all of section 7&8 overfill into the truck without even considering pal order.

20minutes into organizing it flat on the trucks floor I said f_ck it! Take 5 packages throw them into the cab. Make service, grab 5 more, rinse and repeat. This is not my problem!!!

Zero f_cks for the rest of peak. Turtle mode activated!!!

AllOnTheHorses

On lunch soaking this all in. 1st peak and boy oh boy what a doozy! Spent my last f_ck in the back of the bulk truck where they just threw all of section 7&8 overfill into the truck without even considering pal order.

20minutes into organizing it flat on the trucks floor I said f_ck it! Take 5 packages throw them into the cab. Make service, grab 5 more, rinse and repeat. This is not my problem!!!

Zero f_cks for the rest of peak. Turtle mode activated!!!

I actually prefer that my loader does that.. stuff 7 and 8 tightly -starting at the back- .. leaving as much room as possible for 3 and 4. I don't want him wasting his time on late in the day rezees.. I'd rather he focus on getting the earlier stuff right. I'll set 7 and 8 up after clearing out the 3 and 4 shelves. But, yeah surprises are not good.. I do hear you on that.

BrownThunder

Yeah well I prefer my loader get off drugs and get their eyes checked. 7000 found in the rear of the rental, and the other was tucked way in the back under a 7980. What kind of dummy move is that? That is just one example, the :censored2: was just thrown in without rhyme or reason. Guess she wanted to get home that bad... Can't miss Maury!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Plenty of drivers in my building. The issue is there is nowhere to load trucks now.

Nobody saw this level of volume coming.

Yes they did. All the analysts said online e commerce would be up in big ways again this year.

Atlanta wants its cake and to eat it too. You can't have our CEO on tv saying we will do more with less and still deliver

And then not deliver