What are you listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Ahhhh
After all these years. All those tears. And the thing I lost...
The root cause to the David problem.
I even got my hair cut like David Cassidy.....

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

He does an amazing job with that song, blows away NIN. The video is awesome as well with all the pics of him young, and pics of his wife.
One of my favorites.
I consider this a poignant Opus Finale from the man in black. The song caused a pause in my self concept when I heard it. It was hauntingly familiar yet it took forever to connect NIN and Johnny Cash.

The original may have been about drugs and/or self-harm, but this version, to me, is definitely about the inevitability of death and how Cash mourns his mistakes - but would probably make them all over again if he was given the chance

This song is amazing. It should be felt, and not heard. The song tells about a person who has been "enlightened", as Immanuel Kant would say, at a crucial point in their life. Things happen in your life that ultimately shape you in the future. The degree to which you are shaped by these challenges or experiences aren't clearly visible at that particular point in time, but looking back (hind sight is 20-20) on these occurrences, it's easy to see how you changed because of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.