What is the worst stop on your route?

sigreq

United way. Every Christmas they get around 250 boxes of books for kids. They have their office in the basement of a bank. It's an old elevator and you can't let the lip out on the hand truck, so you can only get about 10 boxes at a time.

Nazzrath

My worst stop is any construction site. Half the time the workers can't find the contractor (electrical, gas, plumbing, framers). I've given up delivering to sites unless there's a ph# on the package. Still, it takes 10+ mins to get it signed for.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have a couple of wineries on my route that don't have docks. They might go 2 weeks at a time without shipping anything, and then one day I will roll up on 4 or 5 pallets stacked solid with 40lb cases of wine that I have to lift up off the ground and into the truck. Then, having manhandled 2 or 3 tons of wine onto the back, I will spend the rest of the day delivering in a mountainous rural area and smelling my brakes overheat every time I go down a steep hill.

Future

Victory Ride
I had a stop on a navy base, they ordered 98 boxes of paper. I had to park about 15 yards from the door, load 5 cases on the hand cart, carry them up a flight of stairs, load the cart back up, then put them in a closet that was way too small. The next day I had 98 call tags for the paper, plus 100 new boxes. I was usually off the base by noon, that day it was after 3.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Reminds me of the old Navy song "Anchors Away".......your song reminds me of "No this really didnt happen"...

oldngray

nowhere special
Not all walmarts suck. One I used to deliver to took everything except vision and the bank inside, and if I was occasionally in a hurry they would sign for it all.

The Walmart here was OK. The problem would be if driver got out of the building late. Walmart would save a dock door for UPS as his first stop and if he was late he was screwed. And if you find a misload later in day don't bother trying to deliver - deliver it tomorrow.

Future

Victory Ride
I have 29 pick up's 20 of them are hand truck pick up's. No loading docks. Plus oca,s that ship to Amazon 20 to 30 pieces
Sounds like?????????????? One giant phrase of..............and your point is????.......I will go to a Union Walmart and buy U the biggest box of tissues and feminine pads i can find.

Future

Victory Ride
I hate the walmarts that don't take all departments on the dock. I don't know what the protocol is but there are some that take vision grocery and general merchandise all together and others where you have to make 5 stops out of one.

I also dislike the hospital stops. So many offices all with irregular hours and lunches. Can really slow down your day in a jiffy. between the several floors of suites office supplies and decrepit elderly weak and sick pedestrians I get thoroughly annoyed.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Thats when you give them the "ooops delivery"....just drop them all off at the dock and carry on.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Had a delivery to Sam's Club. First stop of the day(9:20am). Receiving Manager starts to raise hell wanting to know why I can't get here before 8:30am. It seems that I am screwing up his receiving. I told him with a smile on my that I do not start work until 9:00am. He turned and walked away without another word.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thats when you give them the "ooops delivery"....just drop them all off at the dock and carry on.

This may work as a one day cover driver but is not a good idea for the bid driver.

The Walmart I deliver to has pickup and delivery at the same time. The pickup pieces are always ready but I sometimes have to wait for them to bring the book to receiving,

I deliver all of the inside stops separately.

Pooter

Any house that is :

Busy 1 lane street. Semi-deep lot. Show up to porch. "Use back/side door".

.....go friend* yourself. DR FP.

sportsjock

Kaiser Hospitals! They have a dock delivery which 80% of the packages get dock delivered, there are 9 different addresses and I have to deliver to all 5 clinics to the Pharmacies which are all on different campuses. :censored2:ing pain in the ass!!

Then I have Best Buy and a Target, 12 pick ups.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The Walmart here was OK. The problem would be if driver got out of the building late. Walmart would save a dock door for UPS as his first stop and if he was late he was screwed. And if you find a misload later in day don't bother trying to deliver - deliver it tomorrow.
If you found misload later and a dock wasn't open, you could always carry it or handtruck it through the store to receiving if you weren't strapped for time, unless it was one of the stores that stops receiving at 2pm. Those walmarts are annoying.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you found misload later and a dock wasn't open, you could always carry it or handtruck it through the store to receiving if you weren't strapped for time, unless it was one of the stores that stops receiving at 2pm. Those walmarts are annoying.

Walmart let you walk through the store to get to receiving? There is no way they would let us do that here.

Pooter

I'm sure he means 1 or 2 packages. Thus it's no big deal.

friend••k walmart. I used to be able to hit the dock first and get all my vision ground and air before 1030. Now they are so unreliable I can kill 20 minutes waiting on the docks.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Walmart let you walk through the store to get to receiving? There is no way they would let us do that here.
Yeah they have no problem here in the 2 stores I've serviced. Granted it's rare I've had to do it for receiving. Also once in a while vision center is heavy and I've have to handtruck one to two trips inside for them.

Once I had come back 3 times to a line of trucks (rare here) and said screw it and handtrucked 32 pieces across the store in 2 trips to receiving and not a :censored2: was given. Granted they liked me because I delivered them before running air to free up room in the truck.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Funeral Home. We deliver to the back and customers are under sheets. At first it used to really bother me, but after years of going there, not so much now.