What kind of sunglasses?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
But I just like them so much. They fit perfect the lenses are great. And I just don't want to break them because. Shelling out another $100 for sunglasses is something I don't wanna do. But I do see your point of the investment.
I can totally get not wanting to spend the money. But when you're going to use them, sometimes the risk of them breaking is worth it. I'm a bit crazy about sunglasses though. If I'm outside and it's sunny, they're on my face.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Well anything would look better than what you're wearing in your avatar!!
tumblr_n4i99phLpT1tsuuvno2_250.gif

jaker

trolling
I wear only oakley , at work and in my personal life I have yet to break a pair or damage them at work now at home I have broke a few

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Back in my wasteful days, I would buy Ray-Ban, Vuarnet, Serengeti, but as superior as those were, I found they got lost, crushed, scratched and stolen as easy as a dollar pair. And I only got those because my Mom worked for an optometrist, and got them for me cheap. A couple of hundred dollars for regular sunglasses is ignorant.

The pair of Vuarnets I had were my favorites. True story. I was in a hurry to get home one day after I got off. I had those glasses in my front pocket. As I went through the guard shack, I ran through the parking lot to my car to go home. I got all of the way home before I realized that my glasses weren't in my front pocket. They bounced out, to never be seen again by me. Those were the last pricey sunglasses I ever bought.

Now I just buy four or five pairs of cheap sunglasses and leave them around. If they were good enough for ZZ Top, they'll do for me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah I think I'm going to just find a cheap pair at the hardware store or something. I just don't wanna break or scratch $100 shades.

Are you due for an eye exam? If so, take advantage of your vision plan and get a pair of prescription sunglasses. I took an old pair of frames that I still liked and had them put in prescription sunglass lenses. I don't wear them while working but will wear them when I am on a road trip.

oldngray

nowhere special
I broke/lost so many sunglasses I just bought cheap ones. I was constantly going in and out of buildings so constantly was taking them off and on. Those cheap sunglasses were one of the few things I would always leave in my package car. If they ended up lost then no big deal. I would wear good sunglasses when off work though.

MassWineGuy

Do you wear regular eye glasses? If so, use your vision benefits to get a pair of prescription sunglasses.

I just did this and got a killer pair of progressive polarized sunglasses. I haven't used them a lot yet, but when I did they sure seemed to do the trick. $125 through Davis Vision.

Upslady20

I wear Costa Del Mar sunglasses they also have a great warranty.. they will repair them for 10 dollars. I use the filament like line keeper on them so I do not have to put them down or take them all the way off.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I found a pair of Maui Jim's that I absolutely loved and asked the person at Target Optical how much they would be with my prescription and progressive lenses.
Even with our insurance, they would have been over $350 for the pair! Way too effing much $$ for my wallet!
I settled for a much cheaper pair made by SpyOptical. I got my progressive rx filled for around $150 after insurance. I don't use these at work.

I tried them but they got dark even on cloudy days. I took them back and they remade the lenses w/out the auto-darkening feature. I use these for everyday reading and around the house.

THIS!! I only use cheap shades at work because I know they take a beating. If they break or get scratched, I'm only out $6. I keep a pair in the bag I carry with me on my truck and leave them there at night so I don't forget and leave them in my personal vehicle.
They just put out some camo foster grants at dollar general that fit really well and seem pretty durable. They look pretty decent too. I use to be an oakley guy but i literally have lost 3 pair at the lake jumping off the back of my jet ski. Never again.