What should we get for losing the day after Thanksgiving??

rod

Retired 22 years
Not if these lifers keep working into their late 60's and 70's.... Cut the damn cord... Go enjoy life!!!

The longest "lifer" we've had at my old center had 32 years in----none of this 40 year BS. The majority were out the door as soon as they hit 30. I had 30 years and 27 days in.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
i definitely can't see UPS closing a different holiday instead of Friday after. that's like business moving backwards and we all know that rarely happens. maybe an extra OPH or your birthday. more likely is i see it getting sucked into larger, more important negotiations regarding our healthcare, wages and whatnot.

rod

Retired 22 years
Give us Veterans day off, that used to be a UPS holiday.

It was NEVER a holiday in the 30 years I worked. (1971 to 2001) I know because being a Veteran I was always pissed that my wife got it off because she worked for the State and I didn't. There were a few states out east that had Veterans day and Columbus day off I believe.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
In upstate Ny. With the crap local we have now many of us need to work an extra 5 yrs. To make the 30 and age 55. (Full pension) now. Another week vacation would be nice

How about all part time positions subject to the bidding process and biannual package car bids like feeders!
Open part time positions used to be bid. Don't know why it was changed. Biannual package car bids sounds really complicated due to having to train people on so many different routes. But just my opinion.